At Leidos, we help our customers execute programs for the world’s most critical missions. We respond to challenges and deliver next generation of agile, cohesive solutions for today’s rapidly changing environment. Leidos has an opening for a Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager to provide leadership, direction, and hands-on management for delivery of mission enabling cybersecurity services of critical national security importance.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager will support operations for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The successful candidate will provide senior technical leadership and coordination to an enterprise Security Operations Center (SOC) working in a 24x7 operational environment. This position requires daily interaction with management, security personnel at customer sites, and government personnel with other federal agencies. Applicant must be a positive, flexible, self-starter requiring minimal direct supervision, and able to excel as a leader in the fast-paced cybersecurity industry. Exceptional management, communication and interpersonal skills are a necessity; including the ability to effectively communicate via written and verbal media. The SOC Manager is responsible for providing technical oversite and managing the scheduling of SOC activities and advancing the state of analysis with techniques and tools.
- US Citizenship
- Active DoD TS Clearance with current investigation, DOE Q clearance or the ability to obtain one within 3 months of award
- DoD 8570 IAM Level III certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a cyber related discipline and 8 or more years of prior relevant work experience within IT/Cybersecurity
- Minimum of 5 years of direct staff management experience in delivery of information systems or computer network support services
- 4+ years of experience working in a SOC environment
- Managed 24x7x365 Security Operations Center while establishing operational rhythm and standards
- Establish and maintain a forward-leaning operational tempo that includes continual validation and improvement across all SOC functions
- Experience working with SIEM/SOAR technologies
- Knowledgeable with EDR technologies
- Experience reporting on SOC activities and deliver SOC recommendations in accordance with government and contractual requirements
- Develop processes, procedures, and SOPs for operational capabilities
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities as they relate to the cyber security area of expertise
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cyber security lapses as they relate to the cyber security area of expertise
- In-depth understanding of cyber security architectures, technical platforms, threat management standards and industry best practices
- Technical (hands-on) experience with Splunk, Malware Analysis, Security Monitoring, Cyber Security Compliance, Cyber Security Risk assessments, and technical procedure documentation
- CISSP Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of start
- DOE and/or NNSA site experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity with the fundamental of agile project management
- Knowledge of DOE and/or NNSA security policies and procedures
- Experience working in both Classified and Unclassified operations
- Knowledge of and/or experience with SD 205.1
Travel up to 10%
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.