Calling all experienced Senior Cloud Architect professionals who want to work in cancer research: consider joining Leidos!
Position is contingent upon contract award and will be required to be local to the area for partial onsite work in the Bethesda/Rockville area.
We are looking for and Senior Cloud Architect to serve as the primary Technical Point of Contract managing the National Cancer Institute’s (NCI) cloud platform with major objective that include:
Define, implement, and continue to enhance NCI’s Cloud Strategy Design, develop and implement a migration strategy for their existing on-prem applications to an appropriate cloud hosting environment on AWS, GCP or Azure Continue to enhance the governance and management of NCI Cloud One (AWS) and NCI Cloud Two (GCP) or Azure to achieve better customer self-service, cost control and security risk reduction Continue to implement and operate value-added cloud-native services to meet NCI’s evolving computing needs and enable NCI IT to spend more time as IT consultants/system integrators solving NCI’s business problems rather than just managing IT infrastructure
This project also provides enterprise IT cybersecurity support services on behalf of the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT). Task areas include, but are not limited to: contract management, program management support, cybersecurity governance, risk and compliance management, security policy and procedure support, cybersecurity operations support, incident and vulnerability management, and outreach and awareness support.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the advancement of the NCI’ could platform objectives
- Support the design, continuous improvement, implementation, and maintenance of the existing and quoted cloud services across the NCI Cloud One, the NCI Cloud Two and other new cloud computing platforms such as Azure as needed.
- Implement efficient cloud operations delivery across the NCI cloud offerings.
- Oversee and lead multi-disciplined teams in the following:
- Cloud platform management and governance
- Cloud platform engineering
- Cloud consultation
- Cloud deployment/migration
- Cloud operations and administrative support
- Able to apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance, and policies to a cloud architectural framework.
- Compile industry best practices and lessons learned into future iterations and new designs for the cloud hosting environment.
- Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and specific cyber security initiatives relating to cloud architectural design and development.
- Resolve cloud architecture implementation issues during integration and test. Interface with internal and external entities for various solution related activities.
- Design integrated and streamlined streamlining solutions for multiple customers undertaking that provide technical and cost benefits through scaling and other attributes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 10 years of experience in designing, implementing and operating cloud architecture for large systems
- Possess and maintain an ITIL Foundations Certification
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practices as articulated by, but not limited to, the Project Management Institute (PMI), Lean IT, Agile development practices, as well as DevSecOps.
- Demonstrated expertise in Cloud based application development
- Demonstrate knowledge of the most current Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards
- Knowledge of and experience with the HHS EPLC management methodology.
- NCI experience a plus.
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect, Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect, or Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert highly desired.
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.