Calling all experienced Information Technology (IT) Program Management professionals who want to work in the area of cancer research: consider joining Leidos!
Position is contingent upon contract award and will be required to be local to the area for partial onsite work in the Bethesda/Rockville area.
We are looking for and IT Project Manager to lead a task for software engineering and support at the National Cancer Institute’s (NCI). This work has as its focus DevSecOps, automation, agile delivery, and continuous improvement, to provide NCI a well-defined proactive path for moving innovative ideas to solution delivery into production.
This project also provides enterprise IT cybersecurity support services on behalf of the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT). Task areas include, but are not limited to: contract management, program management support, cybersecurity governance, risk and compliance management, security policy and procedure support, cybersecurity operations support, incident and vulnerability management, and outreach and awareness support.
In this role, you will:
- Facilitate Government-Contractor communications and serve as the primary technical and managerial interface between the Contractor, CO, and COR (who is located at NCI CBIIT in Rockville, MD).
- Follow the HHS EPLC project management methodology and implement PMI best practices.
- Deliver full project management life-cycle solutions including planning, tracking implementation, and completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Develop effective plans and minimize changes by setting realistic objectives.
- Facilitate communication and consensus building among various project groups.
- Use NCI-provided or Contractor-provided Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) project management software to track projects.
- Develop and maintain operational plans and procedures and records of status, risks, issues, and completed projects.
- Contribute to performance reporting to CBIIT management
- Continuously assess the ongoing performance of programs, processes, and systems to determine the overall effectiveness and efficiency of each to the NCI.
- Organize, direct, and manage all aspects of contract operational support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks that often require managing teams of contractor personnel.
- Oversee full-life cycle software engineering activities for NCI IT Federal grants, business, and scientific systems
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 10 years of experience
- Must have at least 8 years experience managing a large contract of similar scope
- Possess and maintain Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent certification
- Possess and maintain an ITIL Foundations Certification
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practices as articulated by, but not limited to, the Project Management Institute (PMI), Lean IT, Agile development practices, as well as DevSecOps.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud based application development
- Demonstrated experience in project management, budget, and forecasting toolsets for large, complex projects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the most current Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards
- Demonstrated experience with software architecture, business analysis, technical solutioning, and deploying software and custom modules in an enterprise environment
- NCI experience a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with the HHS EPLC management methodology is highly desirable.
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.