The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Human and IT Services (HITS) Program Operations Manager. This role will be responsible for program management involving both direct execution oversight of programs within the Leidos Health and Human Services (HHS) HITS portfolio.
As a Program Manager across multiple projects, the candidate will provide direct and indirect management and oversight for all technical, financial, schedule, and risk efforts in support of the program and is responsible for ensuring that the strategic direction and development of cost and operational models are aligned with the customer’s changing operational needs. The person in this position will work directly with the HITS and HHS leadership teams to ensure success of all aspects of the program including team leadership, client relationships, management of contract execution, oversight of strategic initiatives, supporting proposal and capture activities, and other support responsibilities. The candidate will provide overall direction of program activities, manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer’s organization, consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensure conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. The candidate will establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business. Additionally, the candidate in this role will collaborate with the Leidos growth organization, providing line leadership to critical capture and growth activities. This includes providing strategic direction across the capture lifecycle and active engagement in proposal activities, as well as authoring content. The candidate must have program management experience in one or more of the following HHS Operating Divisions: National Institutes of Health (NIH), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Administration for Children and Families (ACF) or Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Manage multiple high-visibility HITS programs, overseeing operational execution and financial aspects of contract deliverables, cost, and schedule to achieve all key performance indicators, service level agreements, and annual operating plan commitments
- Coordinate efforts associated with finance, risk, subcontracts, change and contractual management
- Assist with the management of the Integrated Master Schedule; validating progress updates with the scheduler and team
- Provide oversight of program deliverables, responsible for working with program leads to ensure a successful delivery
- Support the development of internal and external briefings inclusive of program execution reviews, and executive meetings
- Review cost reports and invoices, identifying anomalies, and executing corrective actions to ensure accuracy
- Participate in customer meetings, effectively communicating program status and request clarification on issues when needed
- Coordinate the compilation of program documentation inclusive of work instructions, management plans, and directives
- Provide oversight of program staffing requirements, working with assigned TA Managers to support efficient hiring
- Work with highly technical teams to report status and assist with other support tasks
- Actively engage with functional support teams to ensure customer and Leidos requirements are met
- Provide operational oversight, coaching to front line leaders, mentoring and developing of staff and succession planning for the program
- Lead staff to achieve a high degree of customer affinity and maintain the growth of a positive Leidos brand recognition within HHS
- Develop employee base to achieve high degree of employee retention and performance
- Manage organizational compliance within Leidos policies and procedures as well as actively participate in regular quality audits.
- Through personal example, set the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership for HITS programs. Continue to build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs, and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior. Promote improved transparency and cross-group collaboration
- Collaborate with business development to drive capture and growth initiatives from the line perspective and deliver satisfactory results in re-compete, new business and take away pursuit outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree and 15 years of program management experience for strategic programs and services across HHS operating divisions, including one or more of the following: NIH, HRSA, ACF, SAMHSA
- Certified PMP with ability to obtain within first 2 months of employment
- Experience in directly managing programs comprised of at least 30-50 FTEs while simultaneously supervising multiple other programs with teams ranging in size from 30-100 FTES spanning both FFP and T&M contract types
- Experience in leading teams using Agile, SAFe, and ITIL
- Knowledge of and experience leading software development and analytics programs
- Experience managing subcontractors including development of SOWs and financial oversight
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- Expertise and working knowledge of cost account management, risk management, staffing, sales growth, direct customer communication with customer leaders/executives
- Information Technology experience in managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects and advising senior level management and key stakeholders
- Ability to maintain discretion associated with staffing and cost requirements
- Experience with Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
- Ability to utilize MS Office Products to develop and maintain program documentation
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Successful record of capturing new business at HHS (particularly NIH, ACF, HRSA, SAMHSA) or comparable civil government customers
Requires ability to obtain Public Trust level 5 clearance.
- ITIL certification
- Demonstrated current and significant relationships with HHS or comparable civil government executives and mid-level managers, particularly in software development and operations and analytics
Pay Range:Pay Range $124,800.00 - $192,000.00 - $259,200.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.