Calling all experienced System Architect professionals who want to work in cancer research: consider joining Leidos!
Position is contingent upon contract award and will be required to be local to the area for partial onsite work in the Bethesda/Rockville area.
We are looking for and Senior Systems Architect to serve as the primary Technical Point of Contract for System Engineering and support at the National Cancer Institute’s (NCI). System engineering support has as its focus on continuous infrastructure automation and infrastructure-as-code (IaC) with the application of DevSecOps principles, agile software engineering best practices, and tools to NCI’s IT infrastructure and operation to help optimize IT delivery objectives.
This project also provides enterprise IT cybersecurity support services on behalf of the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (CBIIT). Task areas include, but are not limited to: contract management, program management support, cybersecurity governance, risk and compliance management, security policy and procedure support, cybersecurity operations support, incident and vulnerability management, and outreach and awareness support.
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical consultation regarding systems provisioning, systems architecture, and systems integration
- Oversee full-lifecycle design, development, testing and implementation of solutions that manage NCI infrastructure processes and operations, and the associated technical project management
- Oversee technical documentation and SOP development
- Independently performs a variety of system design and engineering tasks to include design and implementation of major enterprise systems development and integration, including supporting personnel, hardware, software, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Supervises team of Systems Engineers through project completion and is considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more specific areas of computer system design and networking.
- Plans and performs systems engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with system design, engineering, and customer specifications.
- Serve as the lead technical authority on the project
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 12 years of experience designing large IT systems
- Proficiency in four or more of the following areas: continuous infrastructure automation, infrastructure-as-code (IaC) Database Administration, Network Management, Desktop Management, Server Management, Application Design, Application Development, Enterprise Architecture, Quality Assurance, Incident Management, Security Management, Financial Management, Service Management, Production Application Services, Asset Management, Storage Area Network, Middleware Management, Project/Portfolio Management or Document Management
- Required experience in software engineering best practices
- Required experience in Cloud operations such as AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Possess and maintain an ITIL Foundations Certification
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practices as articulated by, but not limited to, the Project Management Institute (PMI), Lean IT, Agile development practices, as well as DevSecOps.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud based application development
- Demonstrate knowledge of the most current Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards
- Knowledge of and experience with the HHS EPLC management methodology.
- NCI experience a plus.
- Required experience in ServiceNow implementation for full range of ITSM services is strongly desired
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.