Global Solutions Management-Operations (GSM-O) II, a program within the Defense Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer supporting Defense Information Systems Agency – Pacific (DISA-PAC) at Ford Island, Hawaii.
DISA acts as provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The position will provide support to the Operations Engineering Division as a member of the Transport team. The primary role of Transport is to restore any network-impacting event affecting customer service. The team accomplishes this goal using a variety of resources, knowledge, and expertise to perform fault isolation, analysis, and troubleshooting across various Transport platforms including SONET Optical/Fiber Transport (ODXC/MSPP), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), and cryptographic systems.
• Provide engineering support and advanced technical operational support to the Defense Information Systems Network for Incident Management operations.
• Perform system analysis of network and telecommunications to assess if deployed changes have caused impacts to customer traffic using provided expectations of traffic behavior, lessons learned, and customer reporting
• Perform and resolve Incident ticket reporting, in accordance with Change Management procedures
• Perform Root Cause analysis to determine reason for continued outage(s)
• Evaluate and recommend the most efficient design of the network based on Engineering documents and experience
• Advise Problem Coordinator and Government customer regarding analysis with resolution and provide resolution within Problem Management tickets
• Develop procedures (SOP’s, TTP’s, and WI’s) to complete Change tasks via CLI on device
• Collaborate with peers to design, develop and implement networking best practices to gain efficiencies and effectiveness within network operations
• Determine maintenance window schedules, coordinate approval dates, technician dispatches and availability of site personnel
• Create and perform analytical research for Ad-hoc engineering support, statistics/data gathering and reporting
• Interact with vendor Technical Assistance Center (TAC) personnel to gather needed data to develop hardware replacement order
• Provide Mission Support Services (MSS) Support / Sustainment / Compliance
• Engage with Government customer on best practice for the operation/maintenance of the network and to determine solution on report problems or outages/degradations in the network
• Bachelor of Science degree and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
• DoD 8570 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security
• Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
• Good technical knowledge of one or more equipment platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.