Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are your ready for your next challenge?
We are in search of a System Administrator &Team Lead to work at our customer site located in Suitland, MD. In this role, you will provide support and lead a team comprised of other System and Database administrators in order to maintain operations of Hopper's enterprise server and client infrastructure. Management of all systems shall encompass client/server operations and maintenance, configuration management, installations, performance and capacity planning and office automation.
Note: Must have a DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance, and a current Security+ certification, to be considered
The purpose of this effort is for the Windows Server, Desktop Management, Enterprise Application and SQL Database Support Order, which will be contracted to support the Hopper Information Services Center (ISC) Information Technology (IT) Operations Department (ISC N3), systems Division (ISC N32) for the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI).
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
Perform as the Team Lead for the Hopper Information Services Center Windows Servers, Database and Enterprise Applications Support Task Order.
- Set strategy and monitor progress towards team’s goals.
- Oversee all activities within a team.
- Determine how to approach tasks and develop a plan to execute
- Distribute information to team members and stakeholders.
- Keep track of, and structure various tasks, employees and documents.
- Ongoing communication with government and Leidos leadership
-Manage the day-to-day activities of the team
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines for your internal team
- Responsible for timekeeping and approval of team members
- Perform interviews of shortlisted candidates, select the most suitable individual, and provide post-interview assessments
- Vet and interview potential candidates for the team
- Craft new and review existing job requisitions to attract qualified applicants
- Serve as the point person and primary interviewer during the interview process.
Perform as a System Administrator for the Hopper Information Services Windows Servers, Database and Enterprise Applications Support Task Order.
- Routinely conduct business with High-level officers, civilians, and other VIP personnel
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and Operations Guides for technicians and users.
- Communicate with other departments, stakeholders, and other technicians daily on any outstanding or ongoing connectivity, application or other systems issues.
- Provide daily updates to users, representatives and management to explain status, troubleshooting efforts and resolution of issues
- Maintain, secure, support and as necessary upgrade all servers and Microsoft desktops including the following, but not limited to the following technologies and\or applications:
Domain Controllers, Active Directory/DNS Servers, Exchange Servers, DHCP Servers, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), SQL Servers, Quest Software Management Tools, Network Printing Capabilities, Microsoft Clustering, Microsoft Database Availability Groups (DAGs), Microsoft Group Policy, Virtualization, Desktop Management, Host Based Security Systems (HBSS), Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Manage accounts for Network access submitted through the Hopper Account Creation Request (ACR) process and delete all Windows accounts according to standard operating procedures
- Coordinate routine software or hardware preventive maintenance and backup schedules
- Ensure all servers, databases, and\or applications are successfully backed up and verified daily.
- Provide additional system administration support in terms of installing, configuring, maintaining security, installing patches, and performing necessary upgrades in order to keep servers/workstations up-to-date and secure.
WHAT SETS YOU APART (minimum job qualifications)
-Requires a Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 7 years of related work experience, or a Master’s with 6 yrs. of related work experience; additional years’ experience allowed in lieu of a degree
-Strong organizational skills and expert familiarity with MS automation products (Word, Excel, etc.)
-Demonstrated experience leading a team in order to meet daily and long term goals.
-Experience in managing complex issues and tasking with government personnel
-Minimum of 1 yr. of experience with Windows Server OS
-Experience with Windows Servers 2012 or higher
-Experience with Windows 10 workstations
-A current Security+ Certification
Security Clearance Requirement
-Current DoD Top Secret/SCI
Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities, internal equity, market data, and contractual requirements
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.