Leidos CIO Service’s Enterprise Infrastructure team is seeking an Automation & Cloud Engineering Manager, with deep enterprise-level experience architecting, designing, and documenting an overall Intelligent Automation strategy for the business. In this role, you will collaborate across Enterprise Infrastructure and our business customers to analyze and understand individual business processes and lead efforts to develop automation strategy and solutions to reduce manual processes, improve quality, and help our business partners increase velocity.
You will bring together agile software development methodologies and best practice, IT operations workflows, business processes, and good security practices with a modern toolset to help develop, integrate, and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration as code (CaC) using a continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation life cycle.
You will also support Least Privilege and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and information security (INFOSEC) efforts.
The successful candidate must possess the ability to work well in a distributed team agile environment. You should be of a highly ethical, trustworthy and reliable nature. The ability to utilize our Service Now system to adhere to rigid ITIL based change and release control processes and procedures are critical. You should also be able to demonstrate superior analytical and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to offer high levels of service to our customers, staff and management
- Collaborate across Hosting Services and our business customers to analyze and understand individual business processes and lead efforts to develop automations to reduce manual processes, improve quality, and help our business partners increase velocity.
- Promote and help create automated testing, transparency in code, and secure coding practices to ensure the reliability, dependability, and compliance of scripted and automated solutions deployed into production environments.
- Focus on identifying, assessing, and developing solutions to address IT business and mission use cases across a variety of vendor and in-house solutions to maximize task automation through scripting
- Provide familiarity with automation tools and DevOps principles such as version control repositories and CI/CD pipelines.
- Provide familiarity with the Agile SAFe process and enabling the team to complete work through Agile concepts.
- Create and refine the vision and roadmap for automation within the organization, work with stakeholders in the organization to define new projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate and work with other tower team managers on automation opportunities and process change.
- Work with Product Owners to ensure Agile stories and features are created that align with the goals of the epic.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience related to automation and cloud. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Prior experience should also include the following areas: Business Process Automation, Systems Engineering, Configuration Management, Software Development, DevOps
- In-depth technical knowledge of cloud and on-premises systems architecture, operating platforms, and automation tools.
- Prior experience with: cloud automation using AWS and/or Azure.
- Proficient, collaborative, demonstrable experience in automating manual processes across a variety of applications
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and business processes.
- RESTful development and CI/CD
- Project Management with Agile
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.