The Senior DevOps Engineer will provide technical leadership in significant technical, automation, programming, system administration, operational, and software configuration management for the Cloud subscriber solutions supporting the DCSB CSSP. This role will have responsibility for design, engineering, development and integration within production and pre-production environments, and will also be responsible for the programs configuration management, including the planning, design, engineering, implementation and execution of successful build and deployment of code updates to each upstream environment, planning and implementing the configuration management of underlying GOTS/COTS and maintaining patching baselines, as well as owning and ensuring adherence to the program’s CM procedures. The candidate will need a proactive attitude, strong customer service skills and the ability to integrate into an existing technical team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical leadership and customer advisement for the alignment of CSSP operations with subscriber systems and networks.
- Perform design and engineering functions through subscriber technical team interface and develop engineering and design documentation to support implementation.
- Execute development and implementation of complex code and scripts and ensuring the seamless deployment of systems and integration components.
- Support complex troubleshooting in operational and test environments and provide creative technical solutions that significantly impact the health of the CSSP tools and services.
- Mentor and oversee technical tasks for more junior level engineers and developers and ensure best practice is understood and implemented.
- Present technical details in numerous forums for all levels of customer and contract leadership.
- Interface directly with subscriber base to gather clear requirements, form realistic solutions that can be implemented successfully in a timely manner.
- Develop engineering and design briefs and documentation to support solutions being executed.
- Software configuration management (SCM) planning and version control, conduct software builds, manage software build scripts, maintain build management servers and create/maintain release documentation as it pertains to Cloud subscriber initiations and supporting functions.
- Provide software development support through promotion to Test, QA and Production Environments, primarily Cloud
- Provide guidance to a team of software engineers and systems administrators, providing technical direction, leadership, and training to ensure configuration control of all software, hardware and other configuration items. Provide technical direction, leadership, and training on CM processes.
- Coordinate with other teams on operational matters to ensure the program is implemented in accordance with approved policies and plans.
- Ensure the consistency and reliability of Cloud and other administration and development actions
- Ensure congruence of the various hardware, software, configurations and interfaces maintained under strict configuration control
- Oversight & responsibility for systems administration, DevOps and information assurance process adherence, including:
- Providing configuration management and automation for RedHat Linux servers
- Provide Database configuration management, automation and administration (PostgreSQL)
- Automate systems administration tasks using Ansible
- Automate system tasks using Bash or Python for scripting
- AWS/Azure and/or other Cloud development/administration experience
- Maintain system availability and performance
- Provide user account management and user access controls.
- Briefing the Customer on a regular basis on the status of the environments
- The position will support telecommuting, but may require on-site work at customer sites at APG or Adelphi locations
- Requires BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Strong communication skills – able to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and Program leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive attitude toward anticipating, identifying and solving problems.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other systems configuration management and automation tools
- Experience with applying STIG requirements
- SCM experience in a variety of software development projects.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of software configuration management plans
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with working at a Unix/Linux command line, specifically RHEL
- Must have an active Secret Clearance and be able to obtain and maintain an SSBI and/or Top Secret security clearance.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+CE. And CSSP infrastructure certification.
- Experience with DoD hosting environments
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Jenkins for automated deployments from a version controlled source.
- Experience with CM of containerized virtualization environments, such as Docker
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM development environment
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with static code analysis, particularly security scans
- Experience integrating SCM/build tools with defect tracking and project management tools, such as Jira
- Experience integrating code review systems into the SCM process
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.