The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) is seeking an Open Source Collector to provide collection and exploitation of publicly-available information (PAI). Based in Cape Canaveral, FL, you will conduct strategic, tactical, and operational exploitation of various publicly available data sources, to include unconventional deep and dark web sources with the purpose of assessing value to our customers’ interests. Additionally, you will be responsible for production of complex and novel open source reporting while seeking improvement in methodologies used and creating new solutions - based on subject matter expertise- in order to identify areas of operational efficiencies for the open source intelligence program.
Fun stuff you will be doing on the job:
- Respond to requests for information (RFIs) from customers by collecting open source data, interpreting results, and publishing detailed written reports. Assist junior team members with RFI reporting.
- Define requirements for enhancement to collection and analytics platform, and participate in acceptance testing.
This is you:
- Spoken and written fluency in Russian
- Must be a US Citizen with a Top Secret security clearance and able to obtain SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with 8 years of professional experience as an intelligence analyst, data collector, or linguist. 6 years with Master’s Degree. 4 years of additional relevant experience may be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- Significant experience with Boolean logic, natural language processing, social media analytics, data correlation, and data visualizations
- Ability to write reports, format and populate dashboards, and provide context to data
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a team leading collaboration topics
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Team leadership experience
- Proven experience with data science techniques
- Ability to understand data analysis through script
- Proven experience with statistical data mining techniques
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated aptitude for problem solving complex technical issues, identifying, transforming, thinking outside the box, and a strong sense of accountability is desired. We are seeking individuals with a mix of technical excellence, intellectual curiosity, communications skills, customer-focus, and operational experience to improve the performance and user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team. Individual must be motivated, self-driven team player who can multi-task and interact well with others and advise/consult with other team members on systems security engineering and software development related issues.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.