Are you ready to take on a challenge in helping protect the U.S. through Missile Defense? Leidos has opportunities now for bright people looking for meaningful and innovative work.
We are seeking an algorithms engineer to assist in the analysis and development of algorithms for use by the Missile Warning community. This position would be responsible for the evaluation of existing algorithms in use today and the prototyping of new algorithms. The prototype algorithms will be considered for potential enhancement to the current solution. In addition to the development and analysis of algorithms this position will assist in the analysis of the data to be consumed by the Missile Warning systems to determine which message feeds would best benefit the system and its user community.
- Analyze existing physics-based algorithms: Review code and documentation for existing physics-based algorithms
- Work with a small team to take initiative of using innovative ways to solve technical problems
- Assist with design, development and innovation of display features for Missile Warning Systems
- Develop numerical data analysis techniques, assist with data analysis
- Proto-type new advanced numerical algorithms and features
- Assist in designing and implementing robust foundations for physics algorithms
- Implement graph algorithms to analyze and optimize various regular expression structures
- Interface with customers: present technical details at customer meetings
- BS in Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering
- 8 years or more related experience
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of basic numerical methods for physics
- Ability to develop algorithms for data analysis, optimization and test purposes
- Ability to learn and understand existing physics-based algorithms by analyzing code and documentation
- Ability to work in a secure DevOps environment, integrate with and work closely with a Software Team
- Design and implement robust foundations for physics algorithms
- Participate in all aspects of software development lifecycle, design, development, and testing
- Implement graph algorithms to analyze and optimize various structures built from regular expression
- Proficient in Python and Matlab
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with customer
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience providing red-line recommendations to customer
- Experience writing technical trade studies
- Masters in Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Experience with statistics, statistical analysis, machine learning and predictive algorithms
- Experience with stochastic methods/approximation, optimization and filtering techniques
- Experience with sensor data a plus
- Experience with C/C++
- Database experience a plus
- Familiarity with software design diagrams
- Currently possess a Secret Clearance
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.