Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Technician Team Lead, supporting multiple US Navy programs, located in Bethesda MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and “game changing” trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long running program, performing work that has a major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position is responsible for leading a team of technicians in the fabrication and installation of computer based US Navy Training systems. Candidates are required to have a construction background sufficient to assess building renovation work and to guide the installation of what are essentially mini-data centers. The duties of this position include:
• Design, plan, schedule, and lead a team of technicians through Trainer build-ups and installations
• Develop required US Navy trainer installation documentation
• Brief installation plans and schedule to US Navy sponsors and external stakeholders
• Assist with packing and shipping activities for large trainer deliveries
• Provide team with senior level experience and guidance to inspect, troubleshoot, and fix electronic cabinet assemblies. Run and install cabling connecting the various elements of the trainer as part of installations
• Have a basic understanding of applicable building codes and HVAC load determinations
• Use various power tools in the course of trainer installations
• Provide first level supervision and management for a small team of experienced technicians
This position also assists the warehouse manager with the receipt of new hardware; logging hardware into the inventory control system; inventory control of all incoming/outgoing hardware and ensure that all hardware is properly logged as to its final disposition. This position requires good organization skills, and the ability to apply this skill to ensure that our warehouse area is maintained in a professional and functional condition.
A significant amount of travel may be required to trainer sites and will account for up to 20% of the job.
AA degree in electronic technology or equivalent. Experience as a Navy ET, ST or FT may be substituted for the education requirement.
• Must have 10+ years of applicable technical and supervisory experience and be able to demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
• Proficient with desktop computing platforms (PCs) and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project) is required.
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Atlassian Products
• Previous Navy (or other service) experience
• Autocad or Visio experience
• Knowledge of audio systems
• Experience operating and maintaining secure IT systems
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.