The Deputy Test Engineering Lead updates our program testing strategy to satisfy the many contractually specified testing requirements and help the program deliver high quality new capabilities and system enhancements. A key part of this strategy is increasingly sophisticated use of automated test technology supplemented with manual testing where necessary. The Deputy Test Lead communicates frequently with customers, program staff and managers and external customer stakeholders. The Deputy Test Lead plans and assists of the execution of test events for requirements verification and quality assurance of system changes. The Deputy Test Lead manages dedicated test teams and provides technical assistance to related work where software development teams adding new system features also create automated test verification code. The Deputy Test Lead works with customer Test Leads and our contractor teams to drive the strategy and perform software testing through all levels of software integration testing in an Agile process and DEVOPS framework. She/he will support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements. The selected candidate will also assist with producing and executing test plans and procedures which will be reviewed and witnessed by external organizations.
- Coordinate with Program Management and customer test stakeholders to establish testing priorities and test event schedules
- Work with the System Level Test Team and responsible Scrum Master to identify the tasking and resources needed to perform the test environment prep, test procedure development, informal and formal testing, and identify required GFE and other dependencies required to successful complete program release testing events
- Work with the Automated Test development team and responsible Scrum Master to identify the tasking and resources needed to perform the automated test environment prep, manual-to-automated test procedure conversion development, informal and formal automated testing, and identify required GFE and other dependencies required to successful complete program release testing events
- Interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology
- Direct the implementation of Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks
- Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to the customer
- Interact with customer POCs in preparing for and conducting formal test milestones (Test Readiness Reviews, Test Results Reviews), coordinate customer witnessing of formal tests, and provide test resource support for customer test events
- Prepare test deliverable documents to include: Test Plans, Test Descriptions, and Test Reports
- Manage test automation through the continuous integration process
- Bachelor’s Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 12 years of related experience in software testing and/or development. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Experience providing technical direction with increasing levels of responsibility on complex projects
- Experience developing and conducting formal system tests to evaluate compliance with customer requirements
- Experience documenting test procedures based off of acceptance criteria derived from system requirements
- Experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reports, and audits
- Experience in testing systems from existing system and functional specifications
- Experience with implementing regression testing for software based systems
- Experience analyzing test data, using configuration management tools, and testing applications
- Experience leading test efforts in an Agile Scrum process environment
- Two or more years’ experience managing an organization of 20 or more staff
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle evolving requirements
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and manage issues during test events
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this role
- Ten years of experience in a management role on a large technical government contract is highly desirable.
- Experience managing schedule and overseeing resources across tasks and projects
- Five or more years of experience in test or software development on an agile team is highly desirable
- Experience working with individuals within the following groups: software development, testing, integration, deployment, and sustainment
- Experience coordinating with customer technical POCs on a large technical government contract is highly desirable
- Experience with public key infrastructure technology
- Experience with cryptographic key management
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.