The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Senior Machine Learning Engineer, to play a key role with the development and integration of software for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) and other advanced analytics projects from the R&D to prototype to production phases. Most notably, the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) D3P program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform providing cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. You will have the opportunity to work on exciting machine learning operationalization challenges with our team of highly skilled systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists. Our Arlington-based hybrid team works collaboratively across our Bethesda, MD and Reston, VA customer facilities.
Fun challenges you will find on the job:
• Work with our development, integration, and infrastructure teams to design and implement state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms in a microservice architecture, leveraging best in class open source, government, and proprietary models
• Assist with monitoring & reporting operational technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful platform production
• Conduct research spikes for analytical prototype development; then, create and execute plan to operationalize prototype into direct, contract and internal R&D projects.
• Assist with identifying and supporting external dependencies where needed
• Coordinate with scrum teams to prioritize product backlogs for Sprints and releases
• Provide support in task decomposition for our quarterly program increment planning
This is you:
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field and eight years of experience; six years with Masters Degree
• Must have active Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Experience with machine learning technologies to include NLP and other human language technologies
• Experience with microservice architectures, to include Flask application development using containerization technologies
• Experience operationalizing machine learning and analytical capabilities
• Experience with cloud-based architectures and container orchestration using Kubernetes
• Experience taking prototypes to production ready code
• Experience with NoSQL databases such as ElasticSearch
• Experience with enterprise Python- and Java-centric environments
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines using GitLab and Jenkins
• Strong communication skills with internal team members and customer team members across multiple functional areas
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
• Experience with big data applications
• Experience with Cloudera’s CDH/CDP stack (e.g. HDFS, Nifi, Solr)
• Experience developing solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.