The Quality Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining technical quality assurance and control systems. Duties may include defining and specifying the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of products and services produced.
- Assist the Quality Manager with the planning, administration, and implementation of an effective and economical Quality Control Program
- Develop quality controls, standards, methods, and procedures to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the products and services delivered to the customer
- Assist the project team in achieving daily performance/contractual objectives
- Apply industry standards for quality best practices, policies, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Oversee the Instructor Selection, Training, Certification, and Sustainment processes to ensure the highest quality of product delivery to the customer
- Performs internal audits, surveillances, and quality control inspections on all functional areas of the contract
- Oversee the contractual compliance with controlled procedures, plans, policies, and other contractual directives
- Assist the project team with identifying and implementing corrective actions, preventive actions, and continuous improvements
- Oversee program records management and controlled document processes
- Oversee training delivery test and evaluation processes
- Oversee contract compliance for physical security and key control requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years of experience maintaining a Q/A program, controlling documentation and records, or performing compliance audits and inspections
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with ISO 9001, Six Sigma, or other industry standard quality management principles
- Working ability to collect, chart, analyze, and interpret data for purposes of trending and process improvements.
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Completion of formal quality management training
Pay Range:Pay Range $36,400.00 - $56,000.00 - $75,600.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.