Leidos' Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Software Architect for Baltimore location.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
The candidate shall understand the big picture and the power of integrating people, process and technology to deliver effective technology solutions. Soft skills and business acumen are critical when working with our customers in managing change and driving requirements. Additionally, we're looking for people who can think strategically and are able to see the big picture. This will assist in building our target architecture delivering our enterprise architecture goals of modernization, efficiency, speed and agility. The candidate shall demonstrate a mastery in a variety of technologies and tools and how they are best utilized in a modern development environment. The candidate must demonstrate extensive knowledge in multiple development languages, software development and best practices, system design, continuous integration, continuous delivery, automation tools, testing, tool integrations, and communication. The candidate shall demonstrate knowledge of container orchestration, cloud solutions and services in a hybrid cloud environment. The candidate must be self-motivated and show initiative to identify, research, design, develop, and promote solutions that enhance the modern development environment.
- Experience migrating legacy applications to containerized solutions such as Openshift or Kubernetes.
- Experience architecting and deploying cloud-native applications onto Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar.
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work.
- Experience with testing tool such as Selenium.
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Experience providing architectural guidance and solutions to multiple projects at a time.
- Experience providing technical leadership and guidance to the team of more than 15 developers.
- Experience with the implementation of Section 508 standards for Web Applications.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
- Prior experience working on applications that help identify fraudulent activities (Anti-Fraud) in government or larger private organizations.
Education & other requirements:
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain..
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.