The Defense Group has an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Contracts Manager to join the contracts team managing the Global Solutions Management Operations (GSM-O) II program. This position will play an important role in the day-to-day operations of this critically important, highly complex program. The Sr. Contracts Manager will have responsibility for leading the day-to-day contracts support for the program, working directly with program leadership and the Contracting Officer, negotiating and administering contract actions, proactively identifying and resolving contract-related concerns, and leading customer communications.
The position requires an in-depth knowledge of federal contracting, with experience handling complicated programs. The Sr. Contracts Manager must have the ability to manage multiple priorities, possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail. The employee will be expected to work independently and see tasks through to completion. The position requires day-to-day interface with Leidos management and staff as well as external customers. The ability to support weekly in-person customer meetings in the National Capital Region is required. The Sr. Contracts Manager will lead and/or assist with new business and task order proposals. The ability to manage a high volume of complex work independently with minimal oversight and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction is essential.
- Responsible for all aspects of contract management. Negotiates and executes contract documents in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Identify problems and communicate potential solutions. Implements operational decisions of program management.
- Oversee day-to-day contract actions in fast-paced environment.
- Create and maintain contract files in full compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and guidelines
- Leads customer meetings and communicates with parties external to the organization.
- Communicate effectively with internal team members across different functions and client/program team members.
- Possess strong business judgment and understanding of contract risks and impacts.
- Operate with a customer-service perspective that demonstrates the values of the company and the organization.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation skills.
- Establish strong, positive relationships with customers
- BA degree and 12 - 15 years of relevant contract administration experience or Masters (or higher) degree with 10 - 13 years of relevant experience.
- Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- Proficiency with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and the Defense Federal Acquisition Supplement
- Must have the ability to make sound business judgments, handle multiple contractual activities with a short turn-around time, and work as part of a team
- Ability to identify and mitigate contract risks and identify, coordinate, and implement appropriate solutions in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience working with DISA
- Experience managing complex IDIQs
Pay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.