At Leidos, we help our customers execute programs for the world’s most critical missions. We respond to challenges and deliver next generation of agile, cohesive solutions for today’s rapidly changing environment. Leidos has an opening for an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) Liaison to support the direct coordination of information, activities, and functions while providing hands-on management for delivery of mission enabling Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) and Cybersecurity services of critical national security importance
The ISSM Liaison will support operations for the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). The successful candidate will serve as the headquarters program liaison for the major sites, labs, and field offices. The Liaison will work directly with government counterparts or delegates and be responsible for the coordination of information and activities across various team and disciplines while providing risk identification, reduction, mitigation and/or resolution of the Information System (IS) in accordance with internal and external security requirements.
The Liaison will interface and support the remote offices in their day-to-day information system security operations, assist in resolve complex problems, and develop innovative solution to meet changing security requirements. The Liaison will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Information Assurance technical domain. Ability to work independently as well as with a team of analysts trained in operations research, cybersecurity, and other skills. The ideal candidate will be adaptable to diverse office situations, procedures and demands.
- US Citizenship
- Active DoD TS Clearance with current investigation, DOE Q clearance or the ability to obtain one within 3 months of award
- DoD 8570 IAM Level III certification
- Bachelor’s degree in a cyber related discipline and 8-12 years of prior relevant work experience within IT/Cybersecurity
- Ability to serve as OCIO program liaison for major sites, labs, and field offices
- Experience in the coordination, development, and tracking responses for data call inquiries from higher echelon or other government agencies.
- Expertise in Assessment and Authorization (A&A) activities
- Detailed understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Develop, implement, and enforce Information Security Policies and Procedures
- Participates in internal/external security audits/inspections; performs risk assessments and Continuous Monitoring
- Lead investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to both the Facility Security and Senior Program Managers
- Ensure proper protection and / or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered
- Document compliance activities in accordance with the governing authority approved authorization package
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of stakeholders
- Extensive experience in the support of Continuity of Operations, Disaster Recovery, and Incident Response activities.
- Manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little to no oversight.
- Strong knowledge of secure coding practices and vulnerability/quality scanning tools
- Mentor other engineers in the art of cybersecurity and secure software development practices
- Create and maintain POA&M and Risk Assessment Reports to ensure the proper tracking of issues
- Develop procedures and documentation to ensure compliance with Configuration Management (CM) for security relevant IS software, hardware, and firmware.
- CISSP Certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of start
- DOE and/or NNSA site experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity with the fundamental of agile project management
- Knowledge of DOE and/or NNSA security policies and procedures
- Experience working in both Classified and Unclassified operations
- Experience working within Security Operation Center (SOC) environments
- Security hardening scripting/automation experience
- Knowledge of and/or experience with SD 205.1
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.