The Maritime Systems Division at Leidos has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer in our Sterling Va. location. We are looking for a hands-on engineer who enjoys designing, building, and testing hardware systems in a collaborative environment. The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated team that is committed to supporting our warfighters. If you are searching for challenging mechanical engineering work, contact us at Leidos today!
- Design of electro-mechanical systems for harsh environments
- Support Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews (PDR/CDR)
- Develop and Test prototypes per requirements and specifications
- Analyze test results and recommend modifications as needed
- Manage small to medium sized engineering projects
- Work closely with the Leidos Production team and external vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, 5 years of relevant experience
- Experienced using CAD: Solidworks, AutoCad
- Ability to work in a team environment, but also efficient working individually
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain SECRET clearance
- Proficiency with SolidWorks FEA tools
- Experience with shock, vibration and temperature testing
- Experience with COTS electronic and electro-mechanical packaging
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of electro-mechanical systems
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.