Safety Officer in support of the Training and Delivery Services program at the Center for Domestic Preparedness located in Anniston, Alabama. The Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) is a national training facility that prepares state and local emergency response personnel to respond to all hazards, including terrorist attacks using weapons of mass destruction, by providing hands on training. Training courses provided by CDP provide specific knowledge and expertise for deterrence, prevention and response to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE), mass casualty, and hazardous materials incidents by providing advanced, hands-on and classroom-based state of the art training.
The Safety Officer will assist the Safety Engineer with planning, administrating, promoting, and enforcing a comprehensive Safety and Health program at a FEMA/Department of Homeland Security Federal All-Hazards Training Facility to ensure safe and healthy working conditions in accordance with OSHA and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assist with the implementation of safety and health procedures.
- Perform continuous research on all federal, state, and local agency safety requirements.
- Submit reports to include, but not limited to, recommendations on safety issues that affect the performance of instructors and participation of students, risk assessments of all classes, injury/illness reports of staff and/or students, Hot Work Permits, staff and student behavior-based observations, and workplace inspections.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of employee’s Job Hazard Analysis.
- Provide comprehensive safety training to staff.
- Assist with incident investigations.
- Assist with data entry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to don all levels of PPE for periods of times up to 5 hours.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Safety, Health, or relevant field of study and 2 years of experience, experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience in training and regulatory interpretation and implementation.
- Completion of the 10-hour General Industry or Construction OSHA Course.
- Excellent computer, written, and verbal skills.
- Successfully complete Leidos pre-placement screenings including, but not limited to, criminal background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and drug testing,
- Successfully complete FEMA background/security check.
- Complete disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act
- Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
- Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
- Completion of the 30-hour General Industry or Construction OSHA Course.
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in Behavior Based Safety and Health System
- Experience as an OSHA Outreach Instructor
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.