At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
We are in search of a mid-level developer/DevOps engineer with training experience to join our high performing team that is responsible for building out the next-generation software factory used to support 2500+ users, 200+ projects/products, and 1000+ repositories. Join us in supporting our Social Security Administration contract in Woodlawn Maryland.
Take your career to the next level! Lead the cultural change required to transform a large highly regulated organization into high performing modern development teams. Do you have a passion for software development and empowering development teams to deliver faster, higher quality, and more reliably? Do find yourself evangelizing your colleagues on DevOps, test automation, and Agile? Are you a software developer looking for a new opportunity and grow DevOps skills?
Day to Day Responsibilities
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around you this is the place for you. Find your passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
- Develop, design, code, and implement reference implementations and interactive demonstrations for next-generation software factory using software engineering best practices and the latest technologies:
- DevOps (Jenkins, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, SonarQube, Argo CD)
- Object oriented design & programming, abstractions, separation of concerns, modularity/re-usability, clean code, documentation, and so forth
- Planning, developing and delivering training programs and material for technical products or solutions (both instructor led and eLearning)
- Mentoring and coaching technical staff as well as less technically proficient professionals on test automation, DevOps, and modern development best practices
- Create marketing/communication material to promote & shape product vision and support various internal/external initiatives to achieve mission success.
- Develop technical proficiency in the agency’s software development factory (DevOps capabilities) and advocate value of capabilities
- Create and maintain technical documentation on software development factory tools and practices
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, as needed, for projects
- Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written and oral skills at an appropriate technical level for the audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Recent software development experience (Java EE with SpringBoot, Go-Lang, or Python) with a solid understanding of building, deploying, and running applications
- Experience with test automation including unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (JUnit, pytest, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, Karma/Jasmine)
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Experience recording, dubbing, and animating training videos (e.g. Camtasia, Powtoon, PowerPoint)
- Experience consulting/coaching individuals and teams
- Experience delivering workshops and talks both virtually and in-person to large groups
- Solid understanding of DevOps and toolset (Git/Bitbucket, Docker, Jenkins, SonarQube)
- Experience with Agile development tools (Jira, VersionOne, Confluence)
- Ability to communicate with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Docker, Red Hat OpenShift / Kubernetes highly desired.
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
Key Required Skills: Software Development (Go-Lang, Python, C# with .Net Core, or Java EE with SpringBoot), Test Automation, DevOps, Communicating/Promoting/Writing/Presenting
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Master’s or Doctorate’s degree may substitute for required experience
- 4+ years of experience of modern software development experience with a solid understanding of building, deploying, and running applications
- 2+ years of experience creating and maintaining reference implementations and interactive demonstrations of DevOps tools or test automation for a highly technical audience including developers and/or architects
- 2+ years of experience delivering technical training or teaching others
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.