Leidos currently has an opening for a Program Finance Analyst IV. The Program Finance Analyst participates in the financial planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of a portfolio of programs. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coordination, development, and presentation of the project’s financial status to both internal and external customers.
With oversight by the Financial Business Operations Manager, the candidate will support the project team members in the planning, tracking, analysis, financial planning, and reporting of the program. Requires hands-on leadership in the development, maintenance, and/or tracking of Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) and related dictionaries, work authorization process, funding management, subcontractor management, material control, cost collection, technical performance, integrated analysis /reporting, forecasting, pricing, and assist with quarterly Estimates at Completion (EACs) analysis.
This position involves significant interaction with the FB&O Manager and Program Managers, and will also involve interaction with Ops/Line Management, Finance personnel, Contracts personnel, Procurement, senior technical personnel, and various other functional or support organizations. This individual will work independently while contributing to the team through reporting, analyzing, estimating, and auditing. Responsibilities will include preparation of written and verbal reports to program team and management regarding program performance.
- Requires a broad knowledge of this field and the ability to complete difficult assignments. Must have ability to analyze problems for root cause and identify corrective actions.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of cost and schedule development and controls.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to carry out and understand assignments, and/or convey or exchange routine information.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as key member of a team.
- Must possess a strong background working with multiple contract types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Cost Plus (CPxF), and hybrid contracts.
- The position requires project management or project control experience working with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS), Control Accounts, Basis of Estimates (BOEs),cost accounting and financial management systems, work authorizations, process management systems, and/or reporting.
- Applying principles of finance and accounting to analyze financial statements for monthly/quarterly/annual financial Outlooks, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Estimates at Complete (EAC) and contractual deliverables;
- Internal financial activities such as invoicing support, accruals, and program financial revenue projections and variance analysis;
- Ad-hoc cost and performance analysis;
- The candidate should be extremely comfortable with MS Excel or other similar desktop tools that provide capabilities to collect and analyze information.
- Strong organization, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s level degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting with minimum 8 years professional experience or Masters level degree with 6 years professional experience
- Comprehensive Program Finance experience; familiar with multiple contract types
- Detail oriented, independent worker, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel experience and government contracting experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Specific experience with the Leidos tool suite to include CostPoint/Deltek, Fusion, SLICS is highly desirable and Contract Setup Processes
- Planning and Forecasting
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.