Leidos has an opening for a highly motivated candidate to join our team in Peoria, IL as a Program Financial Analyst. This position will support the Finance and Accounting Department for implementation of a $100M per year utility energy efficiency contract. The successful candidate must be able to work independently to meet program Accounting and Finance needs as well as other team objectives. The candidate should be detail-oriented, organized, and capable of analyzing data. This position also requires the ability to be flexible in meeting strict deadlines. This position will report directly to the Program Finance Manager.
- Management of accounts payable and accounts receivable invoicing
- Management of project invoice log, tracking all invoices through final payment for reporting and reconciliation
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and provide high level analysis of revenues, expenses, other overhead costs
- Create meaningful reports and find discrepancies
- Gather and organize financial documentation and records for analysis
- Must be independent in meeting deadlines and project goals
- Clear and concise communication to the client, Program Finance Manager, and other Program executives
- Ability to quickly adapt to ad hoc requests and a fast-changing environment
- Identifying trends in Financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- Enter purchase requisitions into procurement system
- Adapting and utilizing all internal and external finance databases and systems
- Experience in Program Budget forecasting
- Manage, track, and report Finance issues to Finance Manager and work to resolve from start to finish
This position will be a hybrid of working from home and working in our Downtown Peoria office. The position will also require 10% travel throughout the Ameren Illinois territory.
Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunities to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory https://www.ameren.com/illinois/company/about-ameren/service-territory (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville).
- Bachelor degree with 2-4 years’ related experience
- Experience in Energy Efficiency a plus
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Excel and other analytical tools
- Must have skills to develop, maintain and/or modify accounting systems as needed to ensure adequate recognition of financial analysis and transactions
- Must possess proven capability and experience working both tandem and serial tasks, with a self-motivated and can do attitude
- Strong organizational skills needed to handle multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to pivot quickly in situations
- Ability to manage high volumes of tasks in a fast-paced, cyclical and demanding work environment
- Ability to work as a team player, working towards one combined goal
Pay Range:Pay Range $46,150.00 - $71,000.00 - $95,850.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.