The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a senior level Environmental Occupational Health and Safety (EOSH) Professional to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team.
In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Programs with the goal of mitigating organizational risks and assisting the FAA achieve an improved state of compliance with Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Federal, State, and Local law.
The EOSH Professional shall be responsible for conducting program and project management for Vehicle Safety and act as the Regional Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental Resource (ROSHER) at the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Seattle Headquarter sites located at 2200 S 216th St Des Moines, WA 98198 or 2201 Lind Ave SW, Suite 100 Renton, WA 98057-3369.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Be responsible for the creation, monitoring, tracking, interpreting, and presentation of various reports and data to all levels of FAA and NISC management on a quarterly/annual basis.
- Classify and summarize EOSH data for the preparation and submission of reports on a recurring basis as needed.
- Conducting workplace inspections using the FAA Workplace Inspections Tool (WIT).
- Researching and providing requirements / abatement solutions related to findings for FAA management.
- Provide assistance and support for the Occupational Safety, Health, and Environmental Compliance Committee (OSHECCOM).
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Requires solid analytical, planning and program assessment skills in the Environmental Occupational Health and Safety field.
- Requires thorough knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), United States Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA), and Department Transportation (DOT) laws, policies, regulations and practices.
- Prior DOT and/or FAA experience is desired and along with knowledge of regional area.
- Prefer a Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.