Leidos has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to work on the Cargo Mission Contract (CMC). In this position the employee will manage projects for the development and certification of spaceflight hardware and also periodically perform sustaining tasks for CMC hardware (i.e., diagnostics, tools, stowage, restraints, laptops, cameras, etc.) in support of NASA's Johnson Space Center International Space Station (ISS), Orion, Human Landing System (HLS), and Gateway Programs. The team works with commercial software such as IBM Maximo, Microsoft (MS) Project, and MS SharePoint, in addition to CMC custom software. Support of tests and other activities may be required outside of normal working hours.
- Manage hardware development projects to certify, flight-configure, and deliver new hardware for spaceflight
- Create and maintain project resource-loaded schedules in MS Project Professional
- Develop basis-of-estimates (BOEs) for new on-contract growth
- Review, author, approve, and monitor work orders, purchase requests, non-conformance reports, internal/external customer presentations, designs, and trade studies
- Requires BS degree and at least 4 years prior relevant experience
- Experience in creating BOEs for new projects as well as Cost Accounting Management (CAM) and Earned Value (EV)
- Experience with proposal development for new business opportunities
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience with ISS, Orion, HLS, and/or Gateway processes for hardware development and certification, anomaly resolution, configuration management, quality assurance, design, requirements/verification, materials, safety, cargo processing, disposal, manifest, hardware downgrade, toxicology
- Experience in planning and tracking project labor, material, and product deliverables for projects
- Experience working with multi-discipline teams and customers and both strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with presenting technical and financial project status to large groups such as technical NASA boards
- Knowledge of systems engineering and process development techniques
- Knowledge of logistics, property, and traceability requirements for the various classifications of NASA government property
- Experience with process improvement events
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation. Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident due to length investigation for non-U.S. persons.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.