The NGEN SMIT Program is reorganizing in order to more closely align to our PEO Digital customer’s organization and thereby foster stronger customer intimacy and project pipeline management. Each of these positions will report to the NMCI Portfolio Director, and will align to either the Platform Application Services, Digital Workplace Services, End User Services, or Cybersecurity & Operational Services customer organization respectively. These Program Manager will build direct and strong relationships with the PEO Digital Portfolio Managers and Deputies to help them to prioritize their efforts and continue to modernize the Navy’s NMCI network. They will have responsibility for shaping the pipeline of projects from their respective customers, and for execution of any projects supporting their customer organization. Resources to staff the projects in their portfolios will be assigned from the Project Management, Engineering, and Operations organizations and managed via matrix.
The NMCI Portfolio Program Manager is responsible for building effective relationships with their customer counterparts to understand their priorities and needs. The Program Manager will shape opportunities from those needs and communicate Leidos’ value add to fuel the projects pipeline. You will shepherd opportunities through the proposal pipeline with support from the SMIT Proposal Operations team. The NMCI Portfolio Program Manager will be responsible for executing the projects in their portfolio; ensuring that they remain on budget, on schedule and deliver the quality technical solutions proposed. They will be responsible for the profit and loss of their portfolio and will actively participate in Leidos financial planning and performance rhythms. The Program Managers will serve as the matrix manager for the Project Managers assigned to their projects, and in this role will provide the appropriate guidance on execution and both internal and external escalation point for issues, risk, and opportunity management. The NMCI Portfolio Program Managers will serve as leaders on the program, both with the customer and with the internal staff.
The NGEN-R SMIT PMO office is in Alexandria, VA, but this position can be supported via telecommuting, with willingness to travel when necessary to build customer intimacy.
- Build strong and effective customer relationship with assigned PEO Digital Portfolio team.
- Accountable for the successful project completions, on-time, in scope and on budget for those projects in their portfolio. Manages and supports Project Managers on their team as necessary to ensure success of the project.
- Manage portfolio profit & loss, including participation in financial planning and reporting efforts.
- Active participant in the capture of new business/on contract growth, including shaping work towards the SMIT vehicle within their portfolio.
- Supports internal and external executive level briefings on portfolio status and performance, effectively synthesizing and communicating information on complex issues while tailoring the message to be appropriate for the audience.
- Works collaboratively with other SMIT leads, including Project Management, Proposal Management, Engineering Management, Schedule Management, and Risk Management to ensure projects are adequately staffed for success and processes operate as efficiently as possible.
- Builds and leverages strong relationships both with the customer and with Leidos peers to develop and execute risk mitigations and issue resolutions.
- Coaches and mentors SMIT team members to continue to grow our talent.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience and 8+ years progressively responsible experience managing and/or executing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of IT projects or master’s with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Very strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Prior Program Management experience for multi-million-dollar efforts, including experience in requirements management, risk management, stakeholder management, schedule management and change management of large projects; and integrating work of multiple teams.
- Routine reporting and critical communications on Portfolio status to senior Navy customers
- Prior experience successfully managing complex IT projects from inception to completion for Government customers.
- PMP or DAIWI Certification
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Earned Value Management experience.
- Prior NGEN, SMIT, or Navy experience.
- Experience managing programs of $10M+ revenue per year.
- IAM Level II Certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.