**This is an exciting 100% travel opportunity**
Full time traveling role that will include evenings and weekends.
Work sites will be in various locations in the Eastern part of the US.
You must live on the Eastern side of the US and within 60 miles of a major airport.
If you are interested in a full time traveling adventure, please read below.
The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Civil Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team. In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) performing construction oversight for projects in support of design and resident engineers, and report project progress and issues against project goals, scope of work, and schedule. The projects support air traffic control facilities over the geographic scope of the ESA. You will ensure accuracy of design, products and timeliness of project completion.
Civil Construction Engineer Primary Responsibilities
- Supervise construction of FAA projects on site and provide quality assurance that completed work is in compliance with the plans and specifications
- Maintain accurate daily records and reports related to the project
- Act as point of contact and coordinate directly with the general contractor for adherence to the drawings and specifications
- Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule, review the contractor’s progress reports, assess the progress and inform the project engineer and all stakeholders
- Discuss deviations from specified construction materials and procedures with project engineer
- Mark up drawings to as-built conditions and submit these for review and updating
- Participate in construction inspections, final inspections, and contract close-out activities
- Conduct regular progress meetings with the contractor and appropriate personnel and report on any issues project engineer
- Prepare construction drawings, site specific specifications, contract documents and independent cost estimates as needed to support change proposals
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including operational risk management plans, safety plans, sequence of work and cutover plans)
- Coordinate and review work permits required for potential impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction
- Review contractor shop drawings and construction submittals and provide input to engineering staff
- Track, reconcile and coordinate closure of acceptance punchlist
Civil Construction Engineer Basic Qualifications:
To be considered for these positions, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- For Level 2: Bachelor’s Science Engineering Technology/Construction Management from an accredited university is required and 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- For Level 3: Bachelor’s Science Engineering Technology/Construction Management from an accredited university is required and 4+ years of prior relevant experience
All levels require:
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering Technology/Construction Management from an accredited university
- Relevant experience in commercial, industrial or government facilities construction
- Current and relevant knowledge of relevant building codes
- Basic knowledge of multiple disciplines (civil, electrical, mechanical) and their general requirements and typical standards
- Working knowledge of how to interpret construction plans and specifications
- Ability to accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stakeholders, peers and management levels
- Ability to maintain an electronic project folder to track daily work accomplished, personnel onsite, weather conditions and other essential details
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, engineering scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the internet as an information gathering and communicating tool
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
Civil Construction Engineer Preferred Qualifications
- Proficiency using AutoCAD / Microstation to create and edit engineering drawings
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.