*This position is able to consider Jr, Mid, Sr, and SME level candidates so if you are interested don’t hesitate to apply*
Ready for your next career step? We are seeking talented Software Engineers with 8+ years hands-on experience to join our dynamic team in Huntsville, AL. This opportunity will provide professional growth that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity to expand your skills in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and rewarding environment.
The position involves using leading-edge software processes and tools in the development of software suites and simulations for the Global Hawk (GH) Weapon System Trainer (WST) development project. Direct communications with customers, end users, and team members occur on a regular basis.
These are some of the cool things you will be doing:
- All aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as C#, .NET or C++.
- Implement Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git/Azure DevOps Server to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Create and update relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop and execute maintainable code that matches specification.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Own entire projects or processes within a technical area.
- Responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 8+ years of related experience.
- Proficiency with C#, .NET, C++, or other object-oriented programming language is required.
- Knowledge of data structures and object-oriented design is required.
- Experience with network protocols, concurrency, or asynchronous communication is required.
- Must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Familiarity with .NET technologies such as WPF.
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git and Azure DevOps Server).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Knowledge of reverse engineering and debugging.
- Knowledge of Software integration in complex systems.
- Knowledge of unit testing and continuous integration best practices.
- Knowledge of design patterns.
- Knowledge of socket-based communication protocols (e.g., DIS, CIGI, STANAG 4586).
- Experience in Modeling and Simulation.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Active DoD security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.