Leidos has an opening on the ESA V program for a Mainframe Programmer operating in the z/OS operating system. ESA V is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, and all server and network infrastructure, among others.
The Mainframe System Engineer / Programmer (z/OS) will be a part of our Mainframe Engineering team primarily responsible for providing infrastructure support and management for multiple Mainframe environments. The primary responsibility of this position will be managing, operating, and maintaining IBM Mainframe Services within z/OS
Day to day tasks include:
- Plans, designs, develops, verifies engineering enhancements and maintenance for customer’s mainframe environment
- Work in a rapid-paced environment and leads technical mainframe staff
- Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository
- Perform system operation support including server system administration
- General troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components
- Software installation, automations, and migrations
- Supporting backup and recovery tasks
- Evaluating new hardware and software, with the goal of improving and increasingly efficient operations
- Bachelors degree with 12+ years of overall related experience with an IBM z/OS Mainframe environment. High school diploma with additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Expert knowledge of IBM z/OS tools for installations, customizations, migrations, upgrades, maintenance, diagnostics, backups, recovery, and additional duties
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- Support on a M-F business hours schedule in the US Eastern time zone
- System monitoring using installed as well as external tools
- Extended hour and weekend support as required by mission or emergencies
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information, prior to start date
- U.S. Citizen
- DOJ or DOD Active Clearance
- z/OS Certifications and Training
- z/OS System Support Knowledge including parmlib, authorize libraries, CLISTs, REXX and Procs changes
- Experience maintaining mainframe IODF and JES2 subsystem
- VTAM experience (used for TN3270 type terminal communications and EE Pipes with both customer and external customers)
- TCP/IP experience including all the IP-LU Mapping, OSA cards on all mainframes and working with Network Support Group and JUTNet
- Console communications with OSA-ICC experience
- Knowledge of the following software: Websphere, Connect: Direct, CLIST, DB2, CA-Top Secret, CA-Scheduler, CA-1, Assembler
- Knowledge of the following hardware: Hitachi G5100, IBM TS7770 VTL
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with using ITSM for ticketing and change management (ServiceNow specifically)
Program Specific Salary Range: $165K to $210K
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.