The Defense Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Software Developer to join an important DoD cyber mission. This position can be 100% remote or telework.
This position provides Software development support to C5ISR Center Defensive Cyber Operations Branch (DCSB) Security Operations Center (SOC). Beyond advising and guiding technical matters, this position is tasked with driving implementation and adoption of new tools, research, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies while developing, testing, documenting, and delivering systems software to meet client needs in compliance with functional, security, and privacy requirements.
- •Research and offer innovative solutions to gaps in capabilities and visibility
- Present recommendations to various levels of government audience and provide COAs, technical details and artifacts to support these solutions
- Design and develop complex solutions as they are approved by customer
- Provides technical mentoring and provide oversight and direction to junior/mid-level staff
- Provide thought leadership on software development options and drive implementation of best practices – support broader team in understanding and executing accordingly
- •Troubleshoots coding / configuration / installation issues of basic to medium complexity.
- •Supports the development of detailed specifications and engage in application design and data modeling discussions.
- •Participate in developing and enforcing data security policies.
- •Participate in capacity monitoring and planning. Build, maintain and execute unit test cases with high code coverage.
- •Responsible for sound and high quality technical deliverables.
- •Analyze and estimate timelines for sprints and releases.
- •Work in an Agile environment and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
- •Develop and fix issues with highest quality.
- Work closely with team members to create test plans, and ensure the issues are properly identified, fixed and tested.
- Develop all code incorporating the best practices.
- Craft and extend a variety of application programming interfaces for analytic platforms serving cybersecurity operations.
- Create, implement, update, and sustain several cyber analysis user interface tools with a heavy reliance on a variety of API mechanisms for current DoD clients. Working collaboratively with a small development operations (DevOps) based project team.
- Responsible for several interfaces across a variety of cybersecurity operational capabilities with a focus on data-driven analytics, situational awareness, and agent-based actions. Proactively learn product frameworks and code base.
- Hands on working with ElasticSearch backend, including querying and aggregation for building simple and complex summaries of data.
- Working with SCALA and JAVA created user interfaces as part of a larger big data analytics type framework supporting cybersecurity operations.
- Design and implement new API features and functionality, as well as updating current API capabilities based on mission need.
- Building RESTful API for web single page application/s.
- Analyze requirements from clients to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Engineer requirements from clients into new features and functionality.
- Designing and writing new software or existing software to add new features.
- Debugging existing software and correcting defects.
- Write and review software system documentation and integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Test and maintain code base and adjust to varying development schedules as dictated by project needs.
- Requires BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Additional experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- 3+ years of API development experience.
- Proven experience working across multiple tiers of an application, including backend data store (database, Elasticsearch), network, operating system, and virtual environments. Proficiency with Scala and Java is a must.
- Experience with Spring and Play Frameworks.
- Understanding of NoSQL databases and JSON. Experience with application servers (Jetty, etc.).
- Experience with Python.
- Excellent object-oriented design and programming skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- DoD 8570 IAT I certifications required prior to starting and computing environment certifications
- Candidate must possess an active DoD Secret clearance and be eligible for an interim TS OR have an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.