Leidos’ Security Enterprise Solutions operation is seeking an Engineering Program Manager to join our innovative engineering team to develop novel solutions that make travel safer and more efficient on a global level. The program manager will work directly with Product Line Management, Engineering, Services and Manufacturing to understand internal and external customer requirements, develop program plans and drive the program on schedule and budget. This is a great opportunity for an Engineering Program Manager with a background in product development and a passion for engineering to plan and manage engineering design and development projects involving hardware or software solutions in a diverse and collaborative product development environment.
The Engineering Program Manager is the key point of contact for the program:
- Responsible for project scope, schedule and budget
- Drive both the engineering team, as well as the cross-functional team to achieve program objectives.
- Lead the team through the New Product Introduction lifecycle phases including requirements, concept development, design reviews, V&V and release to production.
- Lead program meetings, technical meetings, program reviews and gate reviews.
- Work with the team to identify and manage program risks
- Prioritize team efforts to meet the program schedule
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams to accomplish program goals.
- Communicate regularly and clearly to internal and external program stakeholders
- Be able to explain technical challenges and risks to a non-technical audience
- BS/BA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar and 4+ years of experience.
- Previous experience as a program manager involving hardware and software development
- Strong planning skills including defining requirements, time estimating, stakeholder at each phase of project, documentation, and testing
- Broad Engineering background sufficient to analyze design data related to electrical, software, mechanical, and physical science disciplines. Position requires working with subject matter experts to make design trade-offs with respect to cost and performance.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Highly motivated, resourceful and creative solution finder
- US Citizenship required
- PMP certification
- Experience with Agile software development practice
- Experience working with teams on product development of algorithms, imaging systems or trace analysis systems, software and network solutions
- Hands-on design engineering experience with the development, and production of electronics equipment for use in medical devices, government security and/or military applications, or similar
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out this link to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.