Specific duties may include:
- Support the technical planning, analysis, assessment, design, development, systems integration and installation, configuration, testing, evaluation, troubleshooting and repair, sustainment, special/trade-study, technical recommendations, and regulatory compliance of the CP NASCOM architecture to include (but not limited to): mission critical customer support systems.
- Perform system administration functions for Mission systems and ensure that all Cybersecurity requirements are implemented in full compliance with NASA directives.
- Develop and maintain lab and test environments to support troubleshooting and new technology evaluation.
- Provide emerging insertion technologies (i.e. new features, capabilities, etc.).
- Perform application configurations to support network requirements and modifications to correct software issues.
- Provide maintenance and support of tools (e.g., debuggers, traffic generators, and traffic capture software) that provide system test capabilities.
- Provide integration and testing support for the distribution of operating systems upgrades, Cybersecurity patches/fixes, kernel upgrades, custom kernel upgrades, and custom serial drivers.
- Develop and perform test and certification for both hardware and software.
- Develop and validate system architecture.
- Coordinate the release/patch of software into operations with Mission Operations Manager.
- Perform administrative, financial, technical, and other system project management efforts to ensure all work is performed to achieve cost, schedule, and technical performance benefits and objectives.
- Responsible for all Windows and Linux client and server OS installations, including Linux Cluster administration and support.
- Supports weekly scans, reviewing updates and patching for all client and server instances, works with IA to mitigate findings.
- Performs all system backups, weekly incremental and full backups monthly.
- Maintains hardware and software version compliance. Provides recommendations for hardware and software upgrades and new purchases.
- Analyzes and resolves any issues related to systems servers, clients, applications, and software.
- Creates and maintains documentation such as NSOPS, ASBUILTS, and user forms.
- Provides user administration; account creation and deletion, permissions, password resets, and assisting customers with any issues related to the systems.
- Maintains inventory of all items related to the systems.
- Maintains license details for all physical or virtual systems and software.
- Provides status updates to lead and supports coworkers as needed.
- Relevant certification in the specific system or application being supported i.e., Linux, Windows Server, Apple MacOS, Remedy, ServiceNow etc.
- Solid understanding of key communications tools, such as Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.