This position will support the DISA GSMO II DCO and Capability requirements Support Program. GSM-O II provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and CoCOMs. The selected candidate will provide support for Operational Requirements and Defensive cyber operations activities and will be expected to actively engage with a variety of customers and mission partners.
- Provides master level support, analysis, and research into exceptionally complex problems, and processes. Serves as technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives.
- Identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of a broad range of technical information. Use sound judgment to generate, evaluate, and execute alternative courses of action. Produce timely, effective, decision-quality technical recommendations to support senior leadership.
- Analyze joint needs statements and recommend capability requirements and Doctrine, Organizational, Training, Materiel, Personnel, Leadership, Facilities, and Policy (DOTMPLF-P) solutions in order to fulfill capability gaps and optimize capability investments
- Develop architecture and business models/diagrams, such as system and operational views, process flow diagrams and system architecture, to aide in identifying capability gaps and documenting the as-is and to-be capabilities. Artifacts should be integrated with other capabilities where applicable.
- Work independently and as part of a team to develop solutions to issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge. Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious in alignment with predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
- Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts that impact multiple aspects of the program.
- Provide inputs related to capability requirements.
- Be able to review functional/operational requirements to analyze the feasibility of implementing solution and develop system requirements, and assist in integrating materiel and non-materiel solutions into existing capabilities
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal DISA elements, mission partners, and experts in the field to provide technical oversight of information security services and customer support initiatives. Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to advise senior executives to meet customer focused mission objectives.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 12-15 years of applicable combined education and experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a DoD-8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent), CISSP preferred.
- CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization. Requires the highest level of understanding and the ability to apply cyber security related principles, theories, and concepts.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated experience briefing and advising Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership regarding matters of strategic importance.
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks.
- Advanced Certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CASP, CCSP, or CISSP.
- Expertise is in a particular area of Information Technology (e.g., Information Systems Architecture, Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation, Information Systems Integration, Software Development Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications and Network Systems Management), or a specific functional area (e.g., finance, logistics, and operations research.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intelligence driven defense and/or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Foster and encourage a collaborative environment to champion a cybersecurity culture. Mentor and train other technical staff.
OCONUS Work Perks include:
- Paid relocation to/from OCONUS location
- Overseas living allowance(s) and other OCONUS pay
- Foreign Earned Income Tax Exemption
- Benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance; paid time off; 401k with company match; etc.
- Thriving expat community
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.