Leidos is seeking an Engineering and Implementation Manager (EIM) in the Washington DC metro area (with the ability to work remotely for most of the workweek) in support of the General Service Administration (GSA) for the Digital Innovation for GSA Infrastructure Technologies (DIGIT) program. The EIM will be a key member of the DIGIT program team and will be responsible for leading a small team of solution architects, DevOps engineers, and other technical resources to spearhead solution identification and the enterprise architecture. As the Leidos key personnel on program, the EIM will function as the Leidos Program Manager and will be responsible for overseeing and managing the other Leidos leads on program and act as the primary Leidos technical point of contact for the DIGIT contract.
The EIM will function as the program’s enterprise architect (EA), develop and mature EA capability, define the current and future state architectures for all the enterprise systems that support the rapidly growing technical environment, support the upskilling of our team capabilities, and provide the standards, governance, and technical expertise to ensure the success of an optimized environment. Collaborating with the Digital Information Transformation Manager, this position will lead and mentor the team of enterprise solution architects in building out a cohesive, adept, and responsive enterprise architecture and create solutions to enhance the capability for the program and our customer.
This position is responsible for overseeing and managing all engineering projects and initiatives to ensure seamless integration of projects through the engineering pipeline; and be a change agent, define new ways of developing product and packaging solutions internally and externally, and help the organization become more effective and Agile.
The person in this role shall perform the following (to include but not limited to) activities:
- Work in close partnership with leadership, business leaders, technical experts, and subject matter experts to provide proper governance, guidance, road-mapping, and current and future state architecture artifacts for efficient decision making, operational support, and scaling of enterprise capabilities to reach our strategic objectives.
- Lead a small, top-notch team of solution architects and own the development and implementation of standards and good practice processes while providing thought leadership in innovation, developing standards, architectural governance, and architectural best practices.
- Lead the implementation of DevSecOps and Agile frameworks that support the auto- provisioning of infrastructure hardware, storage, and networks.
- Lead and support cross functional teams that will thoroughly research and evaluate proposed solutions to determine how products will be integrated into the existing environment(s) to improve service delivery and increase operational efficiency in a budget neutral environment.
- Support the establishment, refinement, and management of a solutions engineering function and innovation process to infuse innovation into GSA and IDT approved solutions, services, and operations.
- Support infrastructure engineering design, enterprise architecture standards and governance, infrastructure architecture (e.g., on- premises, cloud, and hybrid), experimentation, prototyping, concept development, planning, requirements definition, validation, analysis, feasibility assessments, systems design, integration, testing, Release and Deployment Management (RDM), and overall service and product support.
- Develop Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) solutions for managing infrastructure assets, where possible, to increase consistency, reliability, availability, and auditability.
- Develop, maintain, and share best practices for efficiently managing production workloads in a cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate with other teams defining and driving digital transformation strategies, guiding their work to align and complement the artifacts and views.
- Evangelize the enterprise architecture capabilities, standards, and processes to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage, mentor, and create opportunities for team and individual growth and fulfillment.
- Establish and maintain contacts within business units and information system programs to understand business activities and business drivers, business requirements, solutions strategies, and alternatives.
- Work across business functions and the IT team to understand our current environment and articulate our current state and potential future state architecture.
- Establish enterprise architecture processes, templates, and systems to support requests, analysis and evaluation tasks, and modifications to our architecture.
- Operate with a 1-5-year view of technology direction and publish roadmaps for this timeframe based on business and customer needs, technology trends, and required upgrades.
- Suggesting ideas to reduce costs in IT and business leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 10-15 years experience in IT architecture, development, Enterprise Architecture, or similar role preferred.
- Candidate must have BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or related field with 10-15 years of prior relevant experience or Master's with 8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in IT architecture, development, Enterprise Architecture, or similar role preferred.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., architects, operations personnel) to gather service requirements in support of design and delivery of service capabilities.
- ITILv4 Foundation Certification
- ITILv4 High Velocity
- An active Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification.
- An active professional-level cloud certification in at least one of the following cloud service providers: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), or MS Azure.
- A minimum of five years of experience managing Agile and DevOps projects
- Experience implementing technical and process changes in a highly complex infrastructure environment
- As a remote position, personnel are expected to appear on camera for meetings with co-workers and government partners via video chat.
- As a remote position, personnel are expected to maintain standard working hours per the DIGIT contract and to be available for meetings and other collaborative efforts during working hours.
- Personnel is expected to ensure the protection of proprietary company and customer information accessible from their home office consistent with the company’s expectations of information security.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification.
- Successful management experience in developing, mentoring, managing, and growing a team with high emotional intelligence, highly influential, patient, and inclusive attitude.
- Broad understanding of IT technical concepts, systems, and processes.
- Proven ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as the ability to think clearly & analyze quantitatively.
- Detail oriented, and ability to meet, and exceed, quality standards.
- Excellent planning, organizational, communication and time management skills.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.