Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The Vice President (VP) / Defense Group Logistics Executive supports the planning, oversight, and execution of Logistics activities across the Leidos Defense Group including the Logistics & Mission Support Services programs. The logistics business includes sustainment and engineering support, operational support, logistics operations and information technology, and complex system engineering programs. The VP supports Logistics as an enabling function across Leidos delivering solutions and capabilities to both current programs and key capture/proposal efforts. In addition, this role supports oversight of large, complex programs and interfaces with customers and end users to ensure world-class customer satisfaction. The Executive works closely with the Chief Technology Officer to drive innovation into corporate wide logistics offerings and support mentoring and development activities within the organization.
• Support the execution of the Leidos enterprise-wide logistics strategy by coordinating activities across Leidos and identifying new markets to penetrate.
• Collaborate with the Office of Technology/Chief Technology Officer to identify and implement cutting-edge AI/ML solutions, data science, and data management solutions for logistics offerings.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to program managers and key leadership across the logistics portfolio of programs and identify program execution solutions.
• Market Leidos capabilities to key customers and stakeholders by communicating the full breadth and depth of Leidos’ services and solutions
• Serve as a senior leader of the logistics senior advisory group tasked with supporting optimization and change management for a current portfolio of work.
• Engage with key customers by supporting client assessments for existing Leidos programs as required and allowed.
• Host senior customer visits to Leidos and arrange visits to customer sites with key stakeholders.
• Support the review and execution of large-scale logistics modernization capture and proposal efforts liaising across the Leidos enterprise.
• Participate in the development of Annual Operating Plans (AOP) supporting alignment of market growth with operational priorities.
• Engage with Leidos Senior Account Managers across the federal and commercial space to identify opportunities to pull logistics solutions through other market offerings (Health, Civil, and Intel).
• BA/BS and 20+ years logistics and global supply chain management expertise with a proven record of delivering more than $700M in annual sales.
• Demonstrated experience supporting a variety of customers, managing complex projects, and building and managing diverse technical teams.
• Proven experience establishing strategic plans with measurable outcomes and key performance indicators.
• Interdisciplinary leadership skills with a proven record of accomplishment of managing and mentoring senior level staff in a successful organization.
• Ability to manage multiple complex demands concurrently.
• Must have active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
• Ability to travel up to 30%.
• Experience managing financial, technical, and reputational risk for worldwide logistics operations and employees deployed in high risk OCONUS locations.
• Direct financial management responsibility >$500 million/annually.
• Experience taking IR&D activities to deployed solutions.
• Master’s Degree in a technical and/or logistics related field.
Pay Range:Pay Range $210,000.00 - $280,000.00 - $350,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.