Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Service Desk Manager?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting Service Desk Manager position located in Norfolk, VA with opportunities to work remotely.
Our new Service Desk Manager will support oversee the day-to-day activities of the IT Service Desk to ensure users receive required support in a timely manner.
- Manage team primarily comprised of non-exempt employees or contingent workforce with well-defined, limited scope including directing daily work activities/priorities, people recruitment and development, and cost management.
- Coaching and developing team members
- Manage review activities for company employees. Manage team and individual performance.
- Ensure operational excellence by monitoring and ensuring team goals and key contractual commitments are met (e.g. Service Level Agreements (SLA)s or service delivery goals).
- Advise management and peers on matters of importance to direct area of responsibility. May influence direction-setting in direct area of responsibility.
- Resolve/monitor routine customer escalations, as appropriate.
- Maintain existing customer relationships Directs and Controls activities for country or sub-region and small- or medium- sized customer(s)
- After your initial onboarding and acclimation to the team, you will work with a team of highly skilled software developers, cloud engineers and test engineers responsible for delivering cloud migrations for federal clients
- Participate in design, development, testing, and release of key functionality for large scale custom software projects to meet customer requirements
Must have Secret Clearance to start on the program or able to obtain a Secret clearance prior to start. (Interim Secret clearance acceptable to start)
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of professional experience with 1+ years of progressive experience in a Service Desk environment
- DoD 8570 Certification required: A+, Network +, or Security +
- If not already certified, must be able to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Familiarity with Service Desk/Call Center metrics
- Excellent Customer/Vendor Management, escalation Management, and customer relationship – building
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- US Citizenship required
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.