Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Junior Systems Specialist with a specialization in UNIX who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Location: Role may be remote, however preference will be given to candidates in the New Orleans, LA, The Woodlands, TX or Little Rock, AR area, as these are where the client sites are. Selected candidate will be expected to report/travel to the client site on an as-needed basis.
- Providing application support for a forecasting and budgeting system (UI Planner)
- Assisting in the support of current deployments and transitioning to new environments
- Provide key Operating System design support for Web applications, middleware & J2EE (Tomcat, Apache, WebLogic)
- Script creation to enhance and/or automate the conversion process to new environments (ksh, Bash scripting)
- General UNIX / Linux troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- UNIX / Linux / Solaris application support
- Client / Customer documentation of project and support work
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree. High school diploma with 4 years additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 2+ Years of UNIX / Linux Support work
- 2+ Years Shell Scripting experience
- 2+ Years supporting application & database connections (TIBCO, SQL, Oracle)
- Previous experience with various Java Runtime Environments & Performance Tuning
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience with encryption and transfer protocols (SSL / TLS, FTP)
- Experience in the monitoring and execution of jobs in a UNIX environment
- Experience in Infrastructure and hardware
- Experience supporting UNIX / Linux Middleware applications (Tomcat, Java, Weblogic)
- Experience working with AutoSys application jobs
Program Specific Salary Range: $60K to $75K
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.