The Strategic Capture Executive is a VP level position responsible for the leading as well as providing oversight and capture guidance across a series of strategic corporate and priority opportunities.
The qualified candidate must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full capture life-cycle across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. We are an agile team that is looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-directed individual. The candidate is expected to understand and adapt to our identified proposal protocol, as well as understand Leidos products and services. This individual will be expected to coalesce with team members, BD, and operational leadership. This person will also gather, assess, and validate customer requirements, working closely with BD leads – identifying related needs and constraints that impact the winning solution. Candidates at this level will develop value propositions through program strategies, supporting business cases and project plans and develop early win strategies and evolve the strategy throughout the Capture lifecycle. The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationships and communication with technical staff, managers, and peers.
- Lead $1B+ captures
- Be a subject matter expert on the Leidos Win Plan processes and policies.
- Develop value propositions, support business cases and project plans and develop early win strategies
- Develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry and Leidos-internal teams
- Assist with the creation and execution of call plans
- Assist with the gathering, assessment and validation of customer requirements, identifying gaps and emerging requirements
- Communicate resource needs and leverage resources assigned, collaborating with subject and technical matter experts, functional leads, and Program Managers.
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include white papers, RFIs, sources sought, workshops, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunities, document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 15+ years of related experience.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, ensuring execution of customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- Demonstrated experience coaching teams and interacting with all levels of executive and line management.
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in winning captures of large scale opportunities $1B+
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus).
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for all government responses.
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen.
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, time-sensitive and often multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture, based on negotiated work location, up to 10% per month.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to lead local and geographically-dispersed teams.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
- The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal characteristics which are necessary for success.
- Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high technology company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients.
- Experience with federal government budget, investments and acquisition processes.
- TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
- Ability to deliver and willingness to provide effective coaching, mentoring, and training of the capture and proposal process.
- A proven history and bias for action and an orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
Pay Range:Pay Range $210,000.00 - $280,000.00 - $350,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.