At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Network Engineer/Tier 2 Network Engineer to support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, intranet, internet, and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Reviewing user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
- Applying software, hardware, and standard information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications.
- Ensuring these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards, such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model, as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
- Evaluating and recommending COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions.
- Performing analysis and validation of reusable software and hardware components to ensure the integration of these components into interpretable IM designs.
- TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, shifts are from 0600-1800 (6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.) and 1800-0600 (6:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.)
- 10+ years of applicable work experience and education using one of the following combinations of education and work experience;
- High School diploma with 10+ years of relevant work history
- Associate's degree with 8+ years of relevant work history
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of relevant work history
- Master’s degree with 4+ years of relevant work history
- PhD with 2+ years of relevant work history
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.