Looking for a challenging environment with significantly meaningful work? Leidos is seeking a Scheduler to provide support to Space Systems Center developing system and software interfaces for national defense systems.
The work includes participating in trade studies, systems engineering, portfolio analysis, software development, demonstration and testing of missile warning systems. As a scheduler, you would work this program in addition to other initiatives and may also mentor or lead more junior schedulers. Leidos is focused on finding the best people, processes and tools that will provide solutions in data integration and fusion , data analytics, data mining , predictive analytics, data visualization, and decision support tools.
- Maintain and update an overarching Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) that integrates – vertically and horizontally – all discrete activities
- Structure the IMP / IMS to be an event-based hierarchy of program events, specific accomplishments that support each event, specific accomplishment criteria that must be satisfied to achieve an accomplishment and narratives that explain the processes the contractor will use to satisfy accomplishment criteria
- Lead other program IMP / IMS efforts and provide leadership, management and mentorship to more junior schedulers assigned to various programs
- Ensure the contents of the IMS trace to the Contract Work Breakdown Structure (CWBS) and IMP
- Include in the IMS sufficient detail to identify the resource-loaded critical path(s), particularly for each project and include in the IMS links to external activities/tasks to highlight predecessor/successor relationships external to the C2BMC Integration activities
- Collaborate with the Government and the Operations and Maintenance contractor on schedule coordination and de-confliction of dependencies to minimize impacts to the Sustainment Maintenance and Modification Services activities
- Coordinate and schedule training to the affected operational community to include training, test and operations in applicable command centers
- Bachelor’s with 6 years of experience or Master’s with 4 years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Currently possess a Secret with ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience with missile warning and missile warning defense
- Extensive knowledge associated with Microsoft Project or equivalent project scheduling tools
- Have an understanding of Agile system/software development approaches (e.g. scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Master's degree in associated field
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Past experience in Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), Global Data Integration (GDI), or other key missile defense programs or areas
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.