The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a QA Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
- You will work with engineering and product management teams to design and implement exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. You will take part in all stages of software development to identify and resolve system issues to meet quality standards.
- Working closely with business analysts to understand customer use cases, requirements, and project KPIs
- Collaborating with engineering teams to understand systems and solutions designs to identify test coverage and gaps throughout software development lifecycle stages
- Designing and maintaining test plans including cycles, cases/conditions, expected results and requirement mapping
- Owning and managing all QA test plans, and make sure they are up-to-date with our release cycles
- Ensuring best practices are followed by all team members on project associated with testing process and documentation
- Configuring automated smoke and regression tests in CI/CD pipelines
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 7+ years of professional experience in QA engineering, software development, IT consulting or other technology related fields
- 3+ years of experience in AWS cloud data architecture and big data technologies, including EMR, Databricks, Hive, Spark, AWS Glue, Athena, and Redshift
- Significant experience working in software development teams and using software QA methodologies and tools
- Strong experience in manual testing, test organization, test execution and reporting
- Solid experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience working in AWS and Linux based infrastructure
- Experience with Ruby, Python, and Bash
- Knowledge of Jenkins CI/CD principles and Jenkins
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent, self-starter in a high-paced environment
- Experience with SAS Viya, Hadoop, Apache Ranger, Apache Ambari, and Apache Knox is a plus
- Experience with Cucumber testing framework and Watir libraries is a plus
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.