The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a DevSecOps Engineer to support a large healthcare program in Baltimore.
- You will work with architectures and the CTO team to assess and research technologies, AWS services, and frameworks for our Cloud & DevSecOps pipelines
- Understanding customer requirements and project KPIs
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Demonstrating the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing inefficiencies
- Reviewing DevSecOps manual operations and automating processes wherever possible, including permission and configuration changes
- Creating and executing migration plan to evolve self-managed platform to immutable architecture with IaC workflows
- Participating in incidence management and root cause analyses
- Coordinating and communicating within the team and customers
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Striving for continuous improvement and building continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years working in technical support, DevOps, development, IT consulting or other technology related fields
- 3+ years of experience in AWS cloud data architecture and big data technologies, including EMR, Databricks, Hive, Spark, AWS Glue, Athena, and Redshift
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
- Experience working with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, AWS CloudFormation
- Experience setting up AuthN and AuthZ systems, including Active Directory, Okta, and AWS IAM Policies/Roles using attribute-based access controls
- Experience configuring and managing databases such as Hive, MySQL, MongoDB
- Excellent understanding of Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
- Awareness of critical concepts in Security, DevOps and Agile principles
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.