Leidos tackles the most challenging national defense problems using advanced signal processing algorithms and data analytics. At our San Diego office, we have a dedicated and experienced team of scientists and engineers devoted to squeezing the last bit of information from every data set, and we seek a candidate with an interest in algorithm research, development, and implementation, who also possesses a strong scientific curiosity and desire to learn new things. Leidos is an employee-friendly company with a strong benefits package, flexible working hours, and a collegial atmosphere. Come join our growing team!
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members (Hydrodynamicists, Naval Architects, Data Scientists, Acousticians, Physicists, Mathematicians, Signal Processing Engineers, Electrical Engineers, System Engineers, Machine Learning Researchers, and more) to develop cutting edge solutions to complex problems
- Develop and refine innovative signal processing and algorithms for National Defense
- Conduct data analysis and explore various techniques/algorithms for noise reduction, detection, and characterization
What's in it for you?
- A challenging, fast-paced work environment to solve critically important, real-world problems with unique radar data
- Flexible work schedule to maintain work-life balance
- Professional and technical development opportunities through mentoring programs and full tuition coverage for Masters and PhD programs
- A research-oriented environment with a small business feel created by an accessible organizational structure
- BS degree with 8+ years of prior relevant experience, Masters with 6+ prior experience or Doctoral degree in a scientific field such as applied math, physics, or engineering
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Experience in scientific algorithm development and data analysis
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Fluency in MATLAB, Python, or similar high-level language
- Proven track record of innovation, problem solving, and achieving technical results
- Strong documentation skills
- Required on-site full-time work in San Diego, CA
- Familiarity with complex ocean phenomenology, detection, and characterization
- Experience programming in C/C++
- Experience with EO/IR (Electro-Optical/Infra-Red) systems
- Comfortable with public speaking and/or customer presentations
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.