The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Senior Software / Data Engineer, to assist with the implementation of a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting our expanding and developing NMEC DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program in Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA. Our next Senior Software Engineer will be working with other developers, software architects and system engineers to deliver and maintain a robust software platform, focusing on design, development, and integration of a full stack containerized microservices architecture. We would like to see you participate in fostering DevOpsSec processes while building strong cross functional collaboration with all areas of development, test and deployment in a dynamic and fast paced environment in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
This is your day to day:
• Collaborate and work with a diverse group of engineers in developing solutions for ingesting heterogeneous datasets in large volumes to the data store
• Develop big data microservices and applications in Python and/or Java
• Design, maintain, and improve database schemas and data models
• Participate in engineering design sessions to understand dependencies and interactions with D3P data stores and layer
• Assist with monitoring & optimizing technical variances of ElasticSearch data clusters; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
• Participate in daily scrums and program increment planning sessions
This is you:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 8 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 6 years of relevant experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
• Possess a DoD TS security clearance and be able to obtain a DoD TS/SCI with Poly
• Experience with developing on-premise big data applications in Python and/or Java
• Experience with Microservices architecture development, to include enabling technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with software configuration management tools such as Git/Gitlab
• Experience with Apache Kafka/Apache Pulsar/RabbitMQ or other messaging technologies
• Experience with REST APIs and web services
• Experience in administering databases including but not limited to: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle
• Hands-on experience in designing database schema, data models (Relational, Entity-Relationship, Object-based, etc.) and performance tuning
• Experience working with Linux operating systems
• Experience with big data technologies including Hadoop, HDFS, and Spark
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, systems engineers and architects
• Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
• Experience working with a highly technical team and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Familiarity with data integration with Elasticsearch
• Familiarity with Elasticsearch performance tunning
• Familiarity with Elasticsearch mapping & data models
• Development experience with cloud or hybrid cloud big data applications
• Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, SAFe)
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• Experience with DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD implementation
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.