Leidos has a career opportunity for an experienced Capture Manager to assist the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) in pursuing profitable growth and winning research and development (R&D) contracts which may lead to program of record programs. The candidate will also support the Dynetics Group with advanced research and development (R&D) activities and opportunities at government research laboratories.
A successful candidate must be able to thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full capture life-cycle across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals with government research and development customers. The candidate is expected to understand and adapt to Leidos identified proposal protocol, as well as understand Leidos products and services in order to lead capture efforts.
Duties may include:
- Mentoring other capture, BD and/or operations professionals and support the larger LInC business team.
- Coalesce with team members, BD, operational leadership, and SMEs to build and execute call plans to position LInC ability to win.
- This person will also gather, assess, and validate customer requirements, working closely with BD leads – identifying related needs and constraints that impact the winning solution.
- Develop value propositions through program strategies, supporting business cases and project plans and develop early win strategies and evolve the strategy throughout the capture lifecycle.
- Develop, organize, and execute significant capture activities, including building industry and Leidos-internal teams, assess win probability, develop win plans/strategies, address gap analysis, etc. in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
Characteristics necessary for success include;
- business and technical vision;
- disciplined strategic thinking;
- analytical presentation and problem solving skills;
- the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationships and communication with technical staff, managers, and peers.
- excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Requires a BA degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, ensuring execution of customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense, RDT&E Community.
- Experience with federal government budgets, investments and acquisition processes.
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus).
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen.
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, time-sensitive and often multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture, based on negotiated work location, up to 25% per month.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in the STEM, specifically in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Math from an ABET-accredited university
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and success in winning captures with defense, homeland security, and intel research and development (R&D) agencies
- Experience transitioning R&D programs to operational end users
- A proven history and orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
Security Requirements Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a
Secret Clearance. A Top Secret/SCI clearance is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.