The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Junior-Level Software Engineer/Developer in San Diego, CA. This role will assit to design and develop a next generation Satellite Security Mobile application, with heavy emphasis on using C++. This application will be running on next generation handheld devices with utilization designed for US Government Departments and Agencies.
As a Software Engineer, you will collaborate in the analysis, design, development, and test of software applications. This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can clearly communicate what is required in order to achieve this effectively on diverse tasks with development teams (including Leidos, subcontractors, and customer representatives).
- Working in a multi-disciplined, collaborative engineering environment developing for a variety of operating systems using programming languages (C++, C, Python), and database (SQLite).
- Integrating modules and libraries developed in these programming languages;(C++, C, Python).
- Knowledgeable with software configuration management processes and understanding software components and their interface requirements with other APIs and host systems (i.e., virtualized, containerized, or hardware).
- Contribute to setting the standards and helping the team adopt Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the Leidos Agile Framework to ensure accountability and quality are applied to all assigned tasks.
What you will like about this position…
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of forward leaning technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
- Option to work a 9/80 work schedule (i.e., 9 hour days, then work 8 hours on first Friday and off the second Friday)
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of experience of prior relevant experience or Masters with 1+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Position requires an active Secret DoD security clearance
- Experience designing and developing software for a real time or non-real-time system
- Experience that demonstrates ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to navigate projects through established processes
- Experience with databases (MySQL, MS SQL, etc.)
- Experience with software languages such as C/C++, C#, Java
- Knowledgeable with software development methodologies (e.g.,TDD, Peer programming, debugging, etc.)
- Works well in a team environment and has excellent written and communication skills.
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
Preferred (some subset of the following):
- Knowledge or experience in Satellite-based systems a plus.
- Experience with Mobile Application Development.
- Experience with Software CM (e.g., Subversion, Git, GitLab, GitHub).
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools/Technologies/Concepts
- Experience with formalized API development methodologies (e.g., OpenAPI 3.0)
- Experience with Agile Management Tools and Concepts (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA, Rally, etc.)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.