The Strategic Account Executive is the lead Leidos executive responsible for strengthening and advancing trusted relationships with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the third largest Cabinet agency with over 250,000 dedicated professionals carrying out their mission through more than 20 component agencies.
The SAE will be responsible for contributing to business growth for Leidos within DHS Headquarters and underlying agencies including: Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Immigration and Customer Enforcement (ICE), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), U.S. Secret Service as well as at other DHS functional support organizations such as the Office of Intelligence and Analysis, the Science and Technology Directorate and the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office. Additionally, the DHS SAE will ensure appropriate levels of coordination and collaboration with near adjacent organizations to DHS including the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Department of Defense (DOD) and others. The Strategic Account Executive must have extensive career experience and recognized credentials supporting missions and operations of the above agencies and offices, a vibrant and sustained network and strong team and relationship building skills. The candidate must have a fully developed understanding of current and evolving Department of Homeland Security programs, and be fully knowledgeable of the associated doctrine, strategies, operational concepts, requirements and funding priorities of DHS and its partner agencies. The candidate must be familiar with the DHS & Agency leadership teams including those with responsibilities for operational decision making, establishing funding priorities, strategy and plan development, acquisition and procurement, contracting, research, science & technology, IT modernization and full-spectrum security. The SAE must have an ability to exchange information and ideas with influencers and decision makers supporting DHS. This individual will provide direct support to both the Intelligence and Civil Business Presidents, and to their respective Business Development lead SVPs. The DHS SAE will report administratively to Senior Vice President, Strategic Account Executives & Government Relations. In doing the above, the position requires understanding the mission, internal and external pressures and to engage in shaping the environment for growth.
Responsibilities: General responsibilities include customer & account strategy development, customer call plan development, execution and reporting, identifying, qualifying, and supporting capture and closure on Intelligence and Civil business opportunities; facilitating mission needs identification; marketing the full range of corporate capabilities; and maximizing external and internal collaboration as detailed by the roles and responsibilities below. Primary focus remains on customer engagements to shape and influence government decisions that serve to drive and support overall growth in pipeline and business account. Candidate SAE performance measures include impactful customer engagements and relations, impact to internal Leidos BD and Ops teams and positive impact to business financial targets and growth.
Customer & Government Relations:
- Develop and maintain customer intimacy with mid and senior level leaders across the Department of Homeland Security with a focus on TSA, ICE, CBP and CISA.
- Support Leidos business development and capture operations as a subject matter expert in the DHS and associated Homeland Security communities with a demonstrated ability to discuss and explain differentiated capabilities in Leidos programs, plans and positions on key areas related to Homeland Security Services and Solutions, and enterprise-managed information technology programs.
- Develop and strengthen a trusted relationship with the customer while serving as the primary Leidos senior representative to the DHS and associated agencies customers.
- Ensure a coherent, integrated Leidos message to DHS customers while promoting corporate capabilities and solutions to meet evolving technology and capability requirements.
- Build and maintain a robust network of customer relationships at DHS and targeted Agencies.
- Develop and maintain customer confidence with mid and senior level leaders of DHS and targeted Agencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant members and staff of the United States Congress – Senate and the House of Representatives – with Committee and Subcommittee assignments associated with DHS roles and responsibilities, funding and operations.
Business Development & Strategy:
- Contribute to meeting Business Development (BD) responsibilities, in coordination with Operations, Program and Capture Managers, establishing and maintaining an integrated BD strategy towards the acquisition and by supporting all required DHS customer engagements and capture initiatives.
- Act as Leidos focal point for all Business Development Strategic development planning, regarding DHS and targeted associated agencies, including development of an annual Strategic Business Plan (SBP).
- Participate and contribute, as appropriate, in contract and technical engineering reviews and updates including: PMP, SMP, PDR, IDR, and other customer-initiated collaboration sessions.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement teaming and subcontractor planning, to ensure fully leveraging partner capabilities and resources.
- Coordinate efforts of the DHS account management teams within the Intelligence and Civil Business Capture Operations to develop, distribute and keep current a Strategic Account Plan that shapes and supports corporate strategic and annual planning efforts in support of the DHS and targeted Agency customers.
- Assess and promulgate Customer strategic direction, trends and business growth opportunities three to five years ahead, providing key insights and perspectives to leaders and teams of strategic captures and campaigns and to the appropriate Leidos business and functional leaders.
- Help develop new ideas and solutions to capture new business. Contribute to strategic planning by providing insights as to changes in DHS requirements, mission priorities and funding profiles. Participate creatively in identifying novel solutions for DHS and targeted Agencies, focused on the highest priorities and mission needs.
- Provide continuous monitoring, identification and information sharing related to internal and external opportunities, leveraging the needed Leidos corporate resources to set the conditions for business growth by shaping and influencing DHS requirements.
- Contribute to Leidos-developed competitive Intelligence reports by providing insights, assessments and recommendations related to customer, partner and competitor activities and intentions.
- Define Leidos to the customer by communicating the full breadth and depth of Leidos’ services and solutions that can support the customer’s mission.
- Define the customer to Leidos by ensuring Leidos understands customer needs and trends.
- Communicate account information horizontally across all Leidos Groups to aid in their business development and program execution.
- Establish a collaboration and information reporting capability to support customer information and track emerging customer needs, wants, challenges and opportunities.
- Provide senior customers an avenue to communicate satisfaction/dissatisfaction with Leidos program performance.
- Communicate internally across Leidos as required to facilitate planning and execution while disseminating customer information and tracking emerging opportunities, issues and results.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with line management to identify and shape emerging opportunities supporting DHS and targeted Agency customers.
- Discuss and explain Intelligence and Civil Business capabilities, technologies, programs, plans and positions on key areas related to DHS enterprise IT management and modernization initiatives.
- Establish and maintain communication and feedback methods and practices with all key Leidos Executives and Senior Management throughout the identification, investment, capture and implementation of DHS and targeted Agency programs and capture opportunities.
Account Management and Program Oversight:
- Manage all account-specific resources to the budgets established in the Account Management Plan.
- Identify and monitor key U.S. Government Policy initiatives regarding DHS headquarters and other DHS agencies.
- Conduct customer assessments on contract/task performance and provide feedback to the line organizations.
- Support line management to resolve any conflicting internal or customer-based issues.
- Facilitate identification of the right Leidos capabilities and resources for identified opportunities.
- Actively contribute to the development of new ideas and solutions to capture new business to increase Leidos market share in the DHS and associated agency accounts.
- Act as the primary point of coordination for any organization within Leidos seeking to develop business with DHS customers.
- Facilitate identification of the right Leidos capabilities and resources for identified opportunities.
- Coordinate with line management to identify business opportunities Leidos wants to pursue, ensuring any required mitigation and resolution of OCI issues that emerge.
- Work with designated capture and campaign teams to shape customer opportunities.
- Identify specific growth opportunities within DHS through consideration of potential merger & acquisition candidates and by taking advantage of teaming opportunities.
- Contribute to opportunity preparation and capture strategy to include participation in pipeline qualification and color reviews.
- Promote and introduce corporate capabilities and solutions to the customer, including consideration for leveraging teaming and partnership to introduce new services and solutions.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of both the customer’s and Leidos business and of the competitive landscape, including competitors and potential Leidos industry partners.
- Develop and track a strategic Customer Engagement Plan that ensures robust customer contacts through scheduled meetings and customer-sponsored events.
- Host senior customer visits to Leidos and arrange visits to customer sites.
- Lead annual meeting to identify and coordinate efforts on Leidos-sponsored Corporate Trade Shows, Sponsorships and Memberships, including all required executive briefings to appropriate management levels.
- Represent Leidos as a relevant Subject Matter Expert (SME) in DHS and any associated Homeland Security agencies and communities.
- Identify and monitor key U.S. Government Policy initiatives regarding the area of DHS and targeted Agencies.
Qualifications - Required Experience, Education, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 20 years extensive professional knowledge with progressive leadership experience. Post-graduate Business Degree preferred.
- Must possess extensive understanding of Government customers, doctrine, concepts, and requirements.
- Well-established and strong existing relationships with key leaders across DHS HQ and subordinate DHS agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new ideas and quickly apply ideas to help direct solution development for specific problems to support quantitative top line growth numbers.
- Ability to track changing needs and match Leidos' wide range of capabilities to these needs.
- Proven ability to work in a complex, multi-faceted organization with a wide range of customer offerings. Ability to develop and sustain customer relationships at all requisite levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to communicate at multiple levels of the organization.
- Key personal attributes for success in this role include self-reliance, self-initiative, team building, excellent interpersonal skills, positive demeanor and disposition, and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Top Secret required, TS/SCI preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $210,000.00 - $280,000.00 - $350,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.