Leidos has a career opening for a Voice Services Support at Hill AFB, Utah.
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. The core telecommunications capabilities supported by GSMO2 enables the Warfighter to meet operational needs by providing world-wide telecommunications, supporting natural disaster relief, and conducting humanitarian assistance in peace time crises, regional conflicts, and at the same time executing on-going strategic deterrence activities. This position is for the Voice Services Support/Unified Capabilities O&M Incident Management Desk within DISA’s 24x7 Network Operations Center, supporting DoD-wide voice/video services. Rotating shift work to include nights and weekend duty is required. Position may include extended periods of sitting while on a computer or phone.
• Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
• Monitor DoD-wide voice/video support hardware and services (legacy and current offerings): Enterprise Voice over Internet Protocol (EVoIP), Enterprise Classified VoIP (ECVoIP), Voice over Secure IP (VoSIP), DoD Enterprise Classified Travel Kit (DECTK), Voice Internet Service Provider (VISP), Global Video Services (GVS), as well as the Defense Switched Network (DSN), and Meet-Me conferencing systems.
• Configure, test, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain network devices, phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, switches, infrastructure, call manager systems, Video Teleconference (VTC) systems video recording/viewing/distribution systems, and related telecommunications trunk circuits.
• Identify and document network errors and solutions.
• Analyze network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues/solutions.
• Identify and recommend solutions for smooth continuing operation of the DISN network as capacity needs change.
• Speak with customers of varying ranks/positions throughout the DoD and partners on a daily basis.
• Expertise in one or more of the following: SIP, VoIP, TDM telephone switches, Video Conferencing (VTC) systems
• Requires competency in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Avaya, Nortel, ACME Packet, Oracle, Palo Alto, Session Boarder Controllers (SBC), H.323 endpoints, or Juniper.
• Ability to perform troubleshooting, configuration, and restoration of services across multiple platforms.
• General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
• High School Diploma and 3+ yrs of relevant technical experience; Associates and Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Must hold Current DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) prior to start date.
• Ability to participate in a 24/7 shift work environment, to include working nights and weekends.
• Must have an active, in-scope US Top Secret Government issued security clearance.
• Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required.
• Knowledge in one or more of the following: Router, Switch, SBC, Video Gatekeeper, and Crypto operation/configuration
• Understanding of Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) messaging
• Technical Control Facility experience.
• Remedy GTMS/ITSM+ (ServiceNow) experience is a plus.
• Network+, CCNA, JNCIA, and similar/relevant certifications are also desirable.
• Customer service experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.