Leidos is seeking a talented, dedicated, mid-level Software Integration engineer to become a key member of a mission-critical cybersecurity effort. In this role, you will be leading and contributing to research, implement, integrate, upgrade, test, deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain key software components within an existing enterprise class Identity, Credential, and Access Management (ICAM) cybersecurity system. You will have a hand in every phase of the product lifecycle, from initial prototyping all the way to production maintenance and integration. You will work within an Agile team to develop, test, and deploy deliverables in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. You will have opportunities to identify and create innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of the customer.
***This is a hybrid role with both remote and on-site requirements - the on-site locations can be in either Chantilly VA, Gaithersburg MD or St. Louis MO***
- Lead the design, development, configuration, test, and maintenance efforts for a software stack using a mix of commercial and open-source software
- Prototype and evaluate new software components for inclusion within the existing system architecture
- Use automation tools to rapidly build, test, and deploy system components
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle following Program SAFe practices
- Apply DevOps tools like Ansible, Docker, and Jenkins to support automated deployment and containerization
- Participate in systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Leverage Atlassian tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence to track development activities, control source code, and author documentation
- Integrate analytics engines to visualize and enhance access control decision making
- Simulate potential failure scenarios, then implement changes to make the system more resilient
- Generate clear and maintainable documentation
- Generate visual media that can communicate the benefits of a software tool or system to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Mentor / assist junior members of the team
- Provide input/suggestions on technical approach to the Agile Team Leads
- Gain an understanding of technologies, standards, and solutions that can be applied to meet the needs, use cases, and requirements of our ICAM system
- Identify and create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customer
- Candidate must have BS degree with 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s of Science Degree with at least 2-6 years or prior relevant experience
- Experience with learning, installing, configuring, or integrating commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) or open source solutions or products
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving software incompatibilities or integration issues in a complex application baseline
- Understanding of infrastructure and platform components such as operating systems, databases, file systems, servers, load balancers, networking, firewalls, application program interface (API) gateways, and intrusion detection
- Experience or demonstrated familiarity in multiple of the following technologies, and a desire to learn the others:
- Restful web services, XML, and JSON
- Linux OS administration or scripting (Bash)
- Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with multiple of the following and a desire to learn the others:
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence)
- Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
- Experience as a member of an Agile software development team
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical tasks and complete them on schedule
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work independently and with/lead a team
- Effective written, oral, and visual communication skills, such that technical concepts can be communicated in a way that non-technical individuals can understand
- Ability to work effectively within a team construct
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance
- All candidates must be US CITIZENS to be considered for the position
- Familiarity with one or more of the following identity, credential, and access management (ICAM) concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Hands-on experience with the Oracle IAM suite (OAM, OUD, OVD, OIM), API Gateways (e.g., Broadcom, Apigee, Kong), Java application servers (e.g. Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat), or similar products (e.g., Sailpoint, ForgeRock, Keycloak, WSO2, Okta, Kong, Open Identity, Apache Syncope)
- Experience in identity management and governance, to include single sign-on, identity federation, or enterprise directory architecture and design
- Experience with mobile device authentication and authorization solutions
This is a fully funded position but contingent if a clearance crossover is needed
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.