No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies” Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
The Leidos Civil NISC IV program is hiring for C++ Developer to support the Federal Aviation Administration in Oklahoma City, OK. The candidate will be working with a team of computer/electronics engineering professionals redesigning/upgrading the Juneau Airport Wind System (JAWS). This position will be responsible for tech-refresh of the JAWS system hardware and software.
The developer will:
- Participate in all phases of development of application software to include architecture, design, implementation, debug, validation, and verification.
- Manage lifecycle to include requirements, system design, and test.
- Produce software code that interfaces directly with hardware.
- Debug and troubleshoot commands in object-oriented programming.
- Analyze and translate requirements into system architecture that interfaces with hardware.
Successful candidate must have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline and 4 to 8 years of prior experience. However, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Solid programming skills in C/C++ and knowledge of Linux OS architecture fundamentals to develop software for weather systems which includes multiple algorithms.
- Proficiency C++ development within Linux and Windows environments
- Proficiency developing GUI applications within Linux and Windows environments
- Proficiency working within a Linux environment
- Proficiency developing hardware system design
- Proficient in data communication methods and protocols such as Ethernet, USB, and RS-232
The ideal candidate would have the following knowledge and experience as a plus:
- Experience with TCP/IP application development
- Experience with web based application development
- Experience with serial application development
- Experience with GTK application development
- Experience with multi-threaded application development
- Experience working within Eclipse, Visual Studio and Netbean IDE
- Experience using Git SCM
- Experience using SQL
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with board level electrical design and development
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.